Chapter 2: Papyrus and Steven's Cooking Adventures

AN: I have no idea why this took me so long to release...oh well. Also I feel I should mention that I don't own any of this, just in case. This note is done now. Carry on.

INSIDE THE HOUSE!

Papyrus and Sans sat at the table, playing a game of checkers.

Papyrus moved one of his pieces to the other end of the board. "KING ME!" He said, proudly.

"no." replied Sans.

"YOU HAVE TO!" Papyrus continued, "IT'S THE RULES!"

"what if i don't wanna follow the rules?"

"THEN YOU LOSE!"

"nuh huh. i can still win even if i break the rules."

"BUT THAT WOULDN'T BE FAIR!"

Pearl and Amethyst watched the two of them argue from the kitchen. "So, we're just letting them stay here, then?" Amethyst asked, "Isn't that kinda weird?"

"Well, Garnet said it was okay." Pearl said, cleaning a plate, "Besides, if they wanted to hurt anyone, they would have."

"But we don't even know what these guys are." Amethyst continued, "For all we know they could be some kinda weird gem monster."

"No, I don't think they're smart enough for that." Pearl replied.

"IT SAYS RIGHT HERE, SANS!" Papyrus said, pointing at a page in a rather large book titled "Checkers Rules 101", "WHEN ONE OF THE PLAYER'S TOKENS REACHES THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BOARD, THAT PIECE BECOMES A KING!"

"no it doesn't." Sans replied.

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU CROSSED THAT OUT AND JUST WROTE 'SANS IS THE BEST' OVER IT!"

"well, if the book says it, it must be true."

"See what I mean?" Pearl said, gesturing at the skeletons.

"Hehe, yeah I do." said Amethyst.

"Besides, if it makes Steven happy, and it isn't hurting him, or causing catastrophic damage to the planet, why should we stop it?" Pearl asked.

"You don't talk like this whenever I wanna do stuff like bring skeletons home!" Amethyst said.

"That's because it's always an attempt to anger me!" Pearl replied.

"Maybe if it didn't WORK, then I'd stop!" Amethyst said, holding back laughter.

"I'M CALLING DR. ALPHYS ABOUT THIS!" Papyrus said, pulling out his cellphone.

"tattletale." Sans said, pointing defiantly at his brother.

"CHEATER!" Papyrus held the phone to his non-ear and waited. "... DARN! NO ANSWER! I'LL JUST HAVE TO SEND HER A TEXT!"

"and if that doesn't work?"

"THEN I'LL WRITE A LETTER, PUT IT IN A BOTTLE, AND THROW IT OUT TO SEA! IT'LL REACH HER EVENTUALLY!" Papyrus continued, typing on his phone with his bony fingers.

"okay, cool. do you mind if i have my turn while we wait?" Sans asked.

"HMM? OH, RIGHT, SURE, GO AHEAD." Papyrus said, continuing his text shortly after.

Just then, Steven walked through the door, holding two grocery bags, followed by Garnet, holding several more bags. "Hey, guys!" Steven said, waving to the house, "We're back from shopping!"