Epilogue

AN: Let's finish this off now.

The next day, Papyrus was standing outside, painting a picture of the ocean. It turned into a picture of a blue Papyrus halfway through, but no one questioned it. Just then, Papyrus's phone started to ring.

Papyrus dug into his pockets and opened it up. "HELLO, YOU'VE REACHED PAPYRUS' PHONE! PAPYRUS SPEAKING!" He listened to the person on the other end, and raced inside of the house.

-----------------

The gems, Steven and the skeletons gathered outside the beach, around the evening, as the sun was setting.

"alright, we're here." Sans said, speaking into his brother's phone, "just outside the beach house."

"Alright, just- uh, lemme see here..." Alphys said on the other end, "And, uh, you're sure that these, uh coordinates are correct, yes?"

"yup." Sans replied, "that's where we are."

"Okay, just uh, give me a moment and I'll open the portal." A loud crash could be heard from the other end.

"that wasn't too reassuring." Sans said sarcastically.

"Oh, that was just, uh, Undyne was watching some new anime that washed up in the garbage dump." Alphys explained, "It's uh, really... bizarre. We should watch it sometime, it's really cool!"

"yeah, we're still kinda stuck up here, so..." Sans hinted.

"OH! Right! Sorry, I just, uh, give me a moment!" Alphys continued.

"So, you guys are gonna go home soon, then?" Steven asked with a hint of sadness.

"THAT'S WHAT DR. ALPHYS IS SAYING." Papyrus replied to the boy, "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TOOK HER SO LONG TO ANSWER MY TEXT FROM A FEW DAYS AGO, BUT I'M SURE IT WAS IMPORTANT!"

"she said she was waiting for a call about some pizza or something." Sans said, covering the phone with his hand.

"Oh, I can't work like this." Alphys said, "I'm, uh, gonna hang up, and I'll call you back if the portal doesn't start working soon."

"k, see ya." Sans hung up the phone and handed it back to Papyrus, "yup, it looks like we'll be going soon, kid. sorry to leave you now that you're so attached to my hilarious jokes."

"BUT DON'T WORRY!" Papyrus said, "WE'LL STILL BE HELPING WITH THE RESEARCH TO FREE THE MONSTERS FROM THE UNDERGROUND! SO WE'LL BE BACK ONE DAY!"

"You mean it?" Steven asked.

"OF COURSE!" Papyrus cried.

"Okay, then!" Steven said, "I'll wait right here for you!"

"Oh, yes, I'm sure we'll all be... quite thrilled to see you return." Pearl said with a smile.

"Yeah, just don't bring a bunch of other weirdos with you, okay?" Amethyst joked.

"i'm not sure if we'll have a choice, once they hear about you guys." Sans explained while winking.

Just then, a large rainbow colored portal opened in the middle of the beach.

"WELL, I SUPPOSE IT'S TIME TO LEAVE THEN!" Papyrus announced, marching towards the portal, "GOODBYE EVERYONE!"

"here, kid." Sans said, handing Steven a piece of paper, "just a little something to remember us by."

Sans then walked to the portal with his brother. Papyrus jumped into it, disappearing back home. Sans turned around just before going through.

"i don't know when we'll come back, but when we do, it's going tibia fun time." Sans then jumped into the portal, and seconds later, it shrunk down into nothingness.

The Gems waved goodbye to their friends and went back inside.

Except for Garnet. Who giggled a little at Sans' pun before heading in.

-------------

After his friends left, Steven hung up the picture Sans gave him on the fridge. As he continued to grow and train to fight bad monsters, Steven kept in mind that the distinction between monsters and bad guys should always be made.

Amethyst continued to open the joke books and quantum physics books that Sans gave her, long after the skeletons left. One day she finally reached the end, and when she opened the final book, she found a note that said "The joke is that you got owned, punk."

Pearl's training efficiency increased after her fight with Papyrus. Whether it was because the new rival she had made fired her up more, or the newfound friend she made brightened her heart is unknown. We suspect that it's because she started making holograms in Papyrus's image, however.

Garnet didn't really change much, to be honest.

Greg eventually realized that his son had probably killed someone and reanimated his corpse to make Sans. He now attends therapy daily.

Sans became the 3rd most successful hot dog vendor in the underground shortly after his adventures in Beach City. This was due to his newfound inventions, the Gem Dog, which was full of gemstones for the monsters that eat them, and the Cat Dog, based off of the Cookie Cats from Beach City.

Papyrus became the most famous person in the world, after he single-handedly broke the barrier, and achieved peace between humans and monsters within twenty seconds. All while fighting twelve bears and some dude with really weird hair. Papyrus actions figures, plush dolls, skateboards, drinking cups, pillows, dinner plates, road signs and more can be found at a store near you.

The End.

AN: The picture above is the one Sans gave to Steven. Sans himself shared this picture with me so it can be used in the story. You're welcome.