Chapter 111.

ARABELLA CASPER

The entire car ride to the house only made my heart race even faster. My adrenaline was pumping fast as Luchesi's car sped down the road. Luchesi kept a soft beat of music running through the radio, but I knew that he was only trying to block out conversation between us. I know he didn't want me to do this, but I have no choice. I can't allow myself to sit back and wait for something that I was wrong about.

As we pulled in the familiar street, I felt butterflies begin to flutter my stomach.  The gates to his house stood at the end of the long street as he was the only one living on this street. The other houses near it being other gang members or just abandon houses. As we turned the corner to the gate, I waited to see the beautiful white house that stood at the end of the long brick driveway. But I didn't...

The house, was gone.

"What the fück?" Luchesi said, as we pulled in the driveway.

My jaw nearly dropped when the plot where the house had been, was completely empty. I looked around to see ash and debris scattered around the property, Luchesi pulled up slowly before stopping the car where the old roundabout was. He turned the car off and immediately the both of us got out. The smell of smoke incased us as we walked closer to the remains of Harry's house.

"Did it get.." I began.

"I don't know" Luchesi said walking closer to the ash.

There was a small part of the flames still lighting up towards the right, but for the most part the entire house was gone, in piles of tall ash. We took one step into the ash, feeling it crunch under out feet before walking through the black soot. I looked around, almost in a different world, where the house had never been here. As we turned the corner, we saw a large figure balled up behind a pile of ash.

"Luchesi" I said, grabbing Luchesi's arm and pointed towards the figure.

"Stay here" he commanded, only making me follow behind him.

As we approached the figure, it formed out to be a man, completely covered in ash.

Brown curly hair, dirty clothes, puffy lips...

It was Harry.

I gasped quietly and covered my mouth as his body flinched a bit at our presence. His green eyes looked up and blinked a couple times before sitting up and looking at both of us. None of us spoke a single word to each other as he just looked up with those big sad green eyes. His hands were clutched around a ball of fabric and his shirt had a few blood stains on the front of it.

"What happened, Harry?" Luchesi asked, crouching down to where he laid on the ground.

"Nothing" Harry mumbled, his voice hoarse.

"Harry, you're house is burnt down, what happened?" Luchesi asked again, this time more firmly.

He didn't answer.

Luchesi looked up at me with a raised eyebrow making me bit my lip.

"You have no idea what happened?" I asked making his shoulders slump.

"Too many bad memories" he confessed, shamefully looking up at me.

"Did you do this?" I asked, feeling my voice thick with confusion.

"Not me, Louis, he did it for me" he said, quietly.

"You can't just burn your entire house down! You could have started a forest fire!" Luchesi said, making me kick him softly with my shoe to get him to stop.