Part 6

*~*

"Ok, you two ready to go?"

"Yep!" Chelsea just glared at me, as she has been for the past few minutes while Dan gathered his things.

"So what exactly do you need help with, Chelsea?"

"Uh, those questions you gave us for The Testing series."

"Oh? What about them?"

"Well I read the books and I think I understand it, but some of the questions just... Confuse me!"

She was looking at Dan and had a pout on her lips as she practically rubbed herself on his other arm. I took his available hand and squeezed it quickly, knowing we wouldn't be able to be very affectionate.

*~*

"Okay, where and when does this trilogy take place?"

"Uh..." Dan sat on the couch with Chelsea, asking her the questions as I sat on the floor, rereading the series for the umpteenth time. "I don't remember..."

I looked up from the page I was reading. "It's a dystopian story which usually means its in the future and we know its post nuclear war. It also stated multiple times that their own colony was the New York one, so automatically it's US, and if I'm thinking right, the author actually is from New York."

Dan sighed while Chelsea, yet again, glared at me. "Yes, Phil, that'd be correct. You've read the series multiple times, correct? Of course! Why don't you write an essay or story about how you would imagine it 100 years later? Main characters can be dead or alive, it's up to you, but remember they'll be a lot older."

Half an hour later and they barely got through 5 questions while I've just finished the history of the government being built up and the revolution I imagined happened.

"How's it going, Phil?"

"Good! I have at least a few chapters done."

"A few chapters? I just imagined a quick synopsis!"

"Oh, uh, oops..."

"Nope. No 'oops'! Why don't we all take a break?"

"Sure! Uh, where's the restroom?"

"Down the hall, third door to the left."

"Thank you, Mr. Howell."

I waited until I heard the door close before I spoke. "£10 she comes out with less clothes on."

"I really shouldn't... Deal!"

"Hey, I think I forgot something yesterday..." I winked at him and motioned towards the stairs.

"Oh yeah! I remember that thing... I think I left it in the one spare room... Come on, let's see."

We went up the stairs, slowly at first, but running in the end. I entered the room that still had to be redone and as soon as Dan entered, I was pinned against the wall and kissed harshly. "We only have a little bit of time."

"Time enough for a quick hickey or two." I attacked his neck without further warning.

"What if- What if she sees them?"

"Change your shirt," I kissed off my first masterpiece and continued through my words, "And say it's from your boyfriend, or spouse or whatever you want to call me."

"O-Ok..." His neck was his weak spot, so he was really holding back, not making a noise. I left off a third mark and kissed over fading ones before moving past him.

"Go change into something comfy and I'll go check myself out in the mirror a bit before heading down and waiting." I pecked his chapped lips once more before going to the upstairs restroom.

I fixed my hair, leaned against the sink momentarily, and flushed the toilet before washing my hands and heading back downstairs. I went to sit down when the doorbell rang, so I went to get it.

A man stood there with a tan uniform on and a name tag that had the name Alfie written on it. "Hey, I'm her to check the insulation... And stuff..."

"Oh, yeah, come in! Uh, is there somewhere specific that you want to start?"

"The attic is always good."

"Right, if you want to follow me." I led him up the stairs, and that was when I was at a loss. "Umm... Hang on a second..." I went to the bedroom door and pounded on it. "Dan! Dan, get your butt out here!"

"Who was at the door?" He opened the door, shirtless and covered in hickeys. He looked over to see the man, Alfie, standing there. "Oh, uh, let me throw on a shirt quickly." He did so and came out.

"Where are the stairs to the attic?"

"Uhh..." He looked at the ceiling as he walked down the hall. "It might be in the designated nursery?"

"If it is, we should move the nursery." I went to the room and looked up to find that, indeed, the trap door was there. "Yep, moving the nursery and locking that door from now on; it's in here."

Alfie chuckled at us muttering, "Cute."

"Uh, thanks, but please say nothing to the girl that's here. No one exactly knows anything..."

"Sure! Ok, so up here?"

"Yep." He motioned for him to go ahead.

"I'll go down and check on Chelsea real quick." I headed down the stairs to see Chelsea sitting on the couch, confused.

"Hey, Chelsea."

"Where's Mr. Howell?"

"Showing Alfie the attic."

"Who's Alfie?"

"The guy who works at the insulation and house checking place, I don't know."

"Oh."

It was obvious that I wouldn't be getting responses out of her, so I looked over her appearance. Earlier she had long socks on, which were gone, a see through longer skirt over a solid shorter one, longer one also gone, and three pairs of straps showing underneath her cardigan, two pairs of which were missing.

I went back upstairs to find Dan watching Alfie do his job. "I won the bet, by the way. Socks, bra, cami, and long skirt gone. £10 please."

"Ugh, should have known... I'll pay you later, don't worry. Go, try and have her work on the questions."

"Doubt she will, but sure."