"why are you shirtless"

C A S E Y

we were currently at the beach and i was sitting on the blanket ashton had brought while the boys were having a water fight.

michael gets out and walks towards me and i watch the water spill from his unnatural hair and drop onto his face. my heart flutters and i quickly scowled myself for the all too well known feeling. "c'mon in the water is great." he gives me a wide grin and i shake my head moving so i am lying on my back.

i pull my phone out and something picks me up, making me drop it onto the blanket. "take out anything else that isn't waterproof!" he warns fixing his hold on me so he was holding me bridal style.

he heads for the water and i start to screech. "no michael put me down." i beg not wanting to get wet. "michael stop please." he steps into the shallow end until i feel the cool water against my butt. "i hate you." i say as i start shaking.

i see him shrug and then he drops me into the water. i sat underneath the water for a moment before needing oxygen. i swim up for air and see michael, ashton, and calum laughing. "what the hell!" i yell as they continue to laugh. i playfully slap michael and he just continues to laugh.

i begin to shake and ashton hugs me. "sorry." he apologizes for michael and i shake my head. "you did nothing." i give him a grin to lighten the mood and he gives one back.

i notice they are off guard and splash them. they all look towards me and i give them a toothy grin. "you guys made me get in. let's have a little fun." they all nod before we have a water fight. after awhile we all get out to dry a little before we get into ash's car.

i take off my jacket and band shirt before realizing i am in a sports bra. fuck. "here." ashton hands me his dry shirt and i slip it over my head. "by the way your boobs are great." calum tells me and the boys all nod in agreement. "pervs." i mumble under my breath.

we all talk for a little bit longer before we all pile into the car. michael sits in the middle and i mentally slap myself for not calling shotgun. "so." he whispers in my ear. i look at him and get the chills.

before he could finish we get to my flat and they all engulf me in hugs mumbling goodbye into my ear. "ima need my shirt back." ashton says as he stands shirtless in front of my place. i nod taking it off and going inside quickly.

"hey cas- why don't you have a shirt on?" my mum asks. "the boys took me to the beach and threw me into the water-" she cuts me off, "why does-" i do the same. "can i finish?" she nods pushing me to continue. "my shirt was soaked so ash let me ride home in his and needed it back so i gave it back to him at the door." she nods a bit skeptical before her fiancé walks in taking her focus off me. thank you. i observe her fiancé's familiar features and smile. she had black hair, green eyes, and a sharp jawline (kinda like cals).

"hey babe." she cheers and smiles at me before eyeing me down, a bit skeptical as well. "why are you shirtless in our living room?" she asks. i shake my head and give her a grin. "forget it your mum will tell me later. how was school?" i rolled my eyes before telling her it was fine and leaving so they could have a little privacy.

y'see my mum is lesbian and it didn't bother me. they were both amazing and on top of that they are couple goals.

i run upstairs to my room and throw on one of ashton's muscle tanks. he is here so much he actually has a drawer. i go to my desk and open my computer to see all my apps from last night were open.

twitter : close

insta : close

michael clifford facebook page : wait what?

i sit down and scroll through his page. i felt weird and then noticed that he had sent me a friend request. i quickly accepted it and felt a little better about going through his page. ooPs. a message pops up from and see it is him. my heart slams against my chest and i sigh looking at the message.

michael clifford : "hey."

casey smith : "hola."

michael is typing...

michael clifford : "sorry for dunking you today ^_^."

casey smith : "it's fine. what's up?"

we continue to make small talk before my mum comes in telling me dinner is ready.

casey smith : "gotta zayn : (."

michael clifford : "oh no. don't leave :(((."

i quickly read it and close the message before heading out to eat. i hear my phone go off and see a message from michael again.

michael clifford : "wAIT ! i need to ask you something."

and that's when my stomach dropped.