"as a friend"

his message scared me a bit as i go downstairs to eat my mums "good" food. i text back quickly before setting my phone in the basket. yes basket. my mums thinks it better if we dont have our phones on us. the only time it is acceptable is when we have company and they just arrived.

basically if you eat then your phone goes inside that little hand woven basket.

anyways i was a bit eager to hear his question so i quickly ate my mums horrible cooking. "why are you in such a rush?" my mums fiancé asks and i shrug. "i have a lot of homework." which was complete bullshit. i am a straight a+b student. her face contorts before telling me to go finish eating in my room so i can work.

i run up quickly with a more of my mums cooking. it isn't bad but it isn't good either. i click open facebook and see he responded.

michael clifford : "do you like me?"

casey smith : "um nooo whaaaat psh. why?"

michael clifford : "casey you just said what with 5 a's...."

michael clifford : "so how long have you liked me?"

i feel a bit uneasy but i continue anyways.

casey smith : "idk :p."

michael clifford : "bull."

casey smith : "so what. do you like me?"

michael clifford : "as a friend."

my stomach started hurting and i reread the last message over and over again. i close my laptop slowly, not wanting to see "as a friend" anymore. wow. that hurt. he just straight up asks me about it and then says that. what a heartbreaker.

-

the next days went by slowly. michael continued to sit with us but had a new girl all up on him everyday. we're at lunch and calum is talking my ear off about the dance and how he wants to ask luke. (the only boy i know who is brave enough to put his sexuality out there). i sneak a glance at michael and cal nearly slaps me.

he leans foward and whispers, "he wants to get into your head. just let him go." but i can't that's the thing. his eyes are so sweet and caring and his personality is so nice. like he is the total package, well except luke.

the bell rings before anything else can happen and i shoot up running out of the cafeteria. the rest of the day is hell watching michael with another girl.

i walk out of the school and look for calum before seeing michaels colourful hair. he is about to approach me but cal beats him to it. "hey. ready?" he asks. cal wanted to walk me home instead of driving with ashton. he claimed he didnt want ashton to know about his crush on luke.

"um yeah." i keep staring past his head and he realizes who i am looking at. "was he gonna?" i nod and start down the stairs. "so what's so important that you could-" someone cuts me off. "cas!" the voice is familiar and calum notices me tense up. "mind if i join you guys?" he asks calum.

"sure."

hello loves! im so sorry i havent updated in forever . iM not dead i SwEaR . but heres an update enjoy bbies 💕.