Rebirth

I stared at my baby sadly. Optimus was locked in battle with his enemy. In the Allspark, you are any age you wish. I put myself in my prime age, the age I was when I met Orion. My aura was a dark, sorrowful blue.

Primus appeared behind me, causing me to fall on my aft. Standing hurriedly, I rubbed my arm-struts. You can't hide emotions from Primus. His scrutinising gaze fell on me.

You miss them, don't you? You love them with your spark and more.

I nodded numbly. It hurt to speak about them. Most bots ignored me, as I hardly ever spoke anyway. I preferred it. I hesitated, thinking carefully.

"Yes. I would give my soul for them." That had been the longest sentence I had used in a few eons. Primus chuckled, and put a servo on my shoulder plate. I suppressed a shudder. His servo felt tingly.

There is a way to get back to them. If you travel to the end of the Allspark, you will find the entrance. It will pain you more than anything, and you will not be able to move for orns. Once you have left, you shall regain your mortality and shall retain your current age. Understood?

Why Primus gave me this choice, I'll never know. I nodded, a smile piercing my sad veil. For the first time in forever, I transformed. My alt mode shimmered in the light, my glistening green and blue paint job shining.

I sped off, laughing crazily at my new speed. It felt good to feel the road beneath me. I wasn't actually built for speed, more for carrying and tending to sparklings. Of course, after my first and only died, I was pronounced sterile. It used to make me cry.

Bots scattered as I screamed past, shock in their optics I was moving, laughing and actually happy. I whooped and drove past a young group of bots. I heard one of them yell in surprise;

"Is that really Paradia?" I yelled back;

"Bet your credits I am!" I zoomed toward the city limits. After the city, there was barren wilderness, and nothing for forever. I kicked up dust and scraps of metal. The cooped up me was gone, replaced with a predacon like beast that urged for speed.

Many orns later, near a full cycle, I halted. My tyres were sore, and my engine weak. I rolled on, momentum pushing me a few astromiles. Eventually I halted, and transformed to recharge. The horizon loomed. Only a few more centimiles.

When I awoke the next cycle, I started my engine. It revved, and my spark swelled. Not much further. Behind me was nothing. I drove and drove and drove and drove and drove and drove and drove and drove.

Did I mention I drove?

I reached an impassive blue glowing wall. Scenery change. I touched it. A wave of immense agony gripped my digits. Steeling my self, I transformed and ran straight through it.

Imaging needles piercing your spark. Now wiggle those needles. Pour acid and alkali in. Set it on fire. And multiply it by 6.85792431%. Yeah, it was a million times worse.