Prologue

Prologue

"We are now boarding flight 1AD3844 for Westerville, Ohio"

Joe gets on his feet and starts to help me with my backpack when Iris grabs me in a hug.

"Ouch" I winced as she squeezed me and me slinged arm a little too tightly.

"sorry, Barry" she said apologetically loosening her grip. "I'm just going to miss you soon much."

"I'll miss you too, Iris" I said wrapping my good arm around her.

"Ready to go, Barry?" Joe asked as he helped me with my backpack.

"As I'll ever be."

"Just remember, if you need us we are just a phone call away." he said "If this arrangement doesn't work we can always find another way."

"It's okay, Joe" I reassured "I'm going to be fine. I promise if anything goes wrong I'll call."

He then wraps me in an embrace being extremely careful with my arm.

"Take care of yourself, alright buddy."

"I will." I said as I head towards the plane. I showed the attendant my boarding pass and she helped me get to my seat.

"Alright, there?" the flight attendant asked.

"Yes, thank you." I said smiling at her.

"Well, just call if you need help." She said.

"Okay." I replied and she patted my shoulder and went back to the front to help another person with his luggage.

At least she was nice enough to help. This probably doesn't happen often. A sixteen year old boy riding alone on a plane with a broken arm. But that is probably no weirder than finding a man who can jump over a speeding car.

The strength a normal person's legs are able to gain within that time period is impossible.

And I am going back into nerd mode.

My life has been... well crap. My mother was murdered in front of me five years ago. And my father was blamed for her murder. Even with an eye witness, he was still blamed for her murder.

I mean whatever happened to 'children never lie'. I need to prove my father's innocence. But for now I have my own problems to face. Mainly bullies.

And Joe, my foster dad, thought that it would be good for me to go to my Uncle Alan's for a while. A break from everything. And since I am going to be in the cast for about half my summer vacation I might as well go there earlier.

Alan Smythe is my mom's brother. He is a well known lawyer in Ohio. He was there in my mom's funeral. And he helped dad's case. But even he couldn't help with unnatural almost nonexistent evidence. He did offer to adopt me five years ago. But I insisted that I wanted to stay in Central City.

I couldn't leave Iris. She's my best friend. So Uncle Alan took over the financial parts of my schooling, and was named as my guardian but Joe as a proxy. And of course he insisted that I visit him often.

The seatbelt sign flashed and we were ready for takeoff. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

~()~

"Cousin Barry!" a familiar voice exclaimed. I turned and saw a familiar blonde haired kid waved. Uncle Alan and my cousin were standing there by the gate.

I started walking towards their direction.

"Barry Allen." Uncle Alan said holding my shoulders and looking me over. "Wow. You've grown so much since the last time I saw you."

"Hi Uncle Alan." I said with a smile. Then leaned as he grabbed me into an embrace. After my uncle let me go a little girl attacked my legs.

"Hey, Stacy!" I said wrapping my good arm around my six year old cousin.

"We are going to have so much fun, now that you're here!"

"Of course, we are." I said to my cousin.

"Come, Stacy." Uncle Alan said. "I'm sure Barry is tired. From the flight. Let's go home."

I fixed the strap of my backpack on my shoulder as my uncle's driver took the luggage. Hopefully this trip would be a great break.

Okay...so uh.. I've been inactive from this site for a while...and I've been writing some fanfics outside of the book universe and i got addicted to some TV series. Mainly the Flash and the other DC related TV series

So also as a character study for future stories. I worked on this story. and in hopes no one brings out the pitchforks for me not finishing my other stories from...about two years ago i think. I'm finally posting it here :)

Hope you like it. and of course comments are always welcome :D

Till next chapter...(this is a rather long story hehehehe)