Chapter 20

I was sitting in Lima Bean alone. Thad, being the most supportive friend anyone could ever get, left me to solve my problems on my own. I had my book and notes open for my quiz, and an alcohol free latte in my hand. Nothing is going into my head. It's frustrating me to no end.

After about the fifth time I tried to start on my theory, a foursome of teens strutted into the room. Santana pulled out the chair across me.

"Let me break it down to you," she said venomously as the other cheerleader, Kurt and Blaine stood guard glaring at me. "From one bitch to another. All this vicious underhanded crap has got to stop."

"Exactly." I agreed. "That's why I called you here."

I could almost hear my heart trying to beat its way out of my chest. "First of all, Blaine." I looked to my former friend. "I am sorry about your eye."

"That means nothing to me."

"Just give me a chance." I said. "I have no excuses other than some lame prank gone completely out of control.

"Second," I said "The Finn photos have been destroyed. I want the Warblers to win fair and square. And we are going to take donations for Lady Gaga's Born this way Foundation."

I took a breath then looked at Blaine and Kurt. "Win, Lose or Draw. We are gonna dedicate our performance to Dave Karofsky. I thought you might want to join us."

"Wait for the punch." Kurt stage whispered to Blaine. "You know it's coming."

"No. Not this time." I chocked. "For too long, I have treated, everything. Like a big joke."

I couldn't help think of Dave Karofsky lying on his bed. Then think back of what I had said to him.

I looked at Santana in the eye. One of the few skills I am proud of is my ability to read most people. Key word most. Santana reminded me of Darci. She has this bitchy mask that she gives everyone. She doesn't care if her words hurt people. She doesn't have a filter. She tells you what's on her mind. But that doesn't mean she is a bitch. I could tell from how she looks at the blonde cheerleader who looks blankly at me. That she is not as bitchy in private as she is in public.

"It's all fun and games." I said. "Until it's not."

Silence rang between the five of us. Brittany dragged Kurt to buy a cookie or something. Santana didn't want me out of her sight while they were all still in Lima Bean.

"Why?"

I looked at Blaine with a raised eyebrow. "Why what?"

"Why do you suddenly care for Dave Karofsky?"

"Because I've been there." I said. Thad sent me a text.

Am in the Parking Lot, we have one more stop before going back to Dalton.

"I have to go." I said packing up my books and shouldering my satchel. "See you guys at Regionals."

~()~

"Are you sure about this? "

"one way to make amends is your ask for forgiveness. " Thad said "And then you can start to forgive yourself."

"Alright." I sighed. I climbed off the car and into the hospital.

"Excuse me? " the receptionist looked up from the computer screen. "Can I ask what room Dave Karoffsky is in?"

"Sure. " she said typing into the computer. "He's on the third floor room 308"

"Thank you" I said as I found my way to the third floor.