3. I Want Her.

3.

I did my best to ignore him while I was dancing, keeping my eyes on every other cowboy in the room. But as our dance came to an end, I heard words come out of his mouth that I never wanted to hear come from his. “I want her.” I panicked. At the end of our dance, we usually got off the stage and the announcer would ask who wanted to go in the birdcages with who. We would go inside the birdcages and “tease” them – I wasn't necessarily looking forward to that, even though it was my favorite part. The music ended, and that was the time I dreaded the most. We shook our butts, and walked off stage.

“Gentleman of the Birdcage Theater,” The announcer smiled into the microphone, his mustache sitting on his lip like a worm and his slacks too-short for his long legs, “This is the time where we show off our lovely ladies, and allow you to have your turn.” Cheers from the men arose, but when I snuck a glance at Zachary out of the corner of my eye, his expression hadn't changed – and he was still staring right at me. “The first lovely lady who we have up today is a Western Beauty. Belle June!” The announcer dragged on the 'u' in June, while I stepped back up on the stage. He took my hand and I spun around, smiling into the crowd. “Who would like to have a night with this lovely lady?” The announcer smiled. The crowd immediately flew into 'Me's!'. I smiled, and prayed to god that Zachary wouldn't stand up. He sat in the chair for a few moments, while the announcer looked at all the howling men. A smirk played on his lips, before he stood up.

“I want her.” Zachary announced, his voice loud. The men in the room went silent as Zak's lips formed a small smirk as he stared at me. Are you serious!? My brain screamed. The announcer smiled at Zak, and looked at me – as if he was apologizing, because he had no choice.

“Congratulations Zachary Bagans! You have won a night with this beautiful lady, Ms. Belle June!” The announcer smiled as Zachary smirked at me. “She will meet you in Birdcage number 12!” Oh god. The announcer helped me down, and I walked towards the stairs, ready to mentally prepare myself in the birdcage.

Once up there, I closed the curtains to the birdcage, and sat on the wooden chair. Oh great, why me? What was Zachary's fascination with me? Why couldn't he have picked some other girl over me? There were plenty of others in that dance who were much more attractive than myself! Suddenly, the curtain opened, and the bright light from the candle emerged from the open curtain. Zachary stood in the frame of the entrance way for a moment, looking at me – before he walked in all the way. He didn't say anything, he just took off his jacket and hung it on a hook next to the door frame. He took off his hat, and he placed it on the hook on top of his jacket. I couldn't help but noticed his Colt on his hip. Zachary stroked his facial hair for a moment, before he charged. He pushed the wooden chair back so it leaned against the brick wall. I almost screamed, but Zachary wouldn't allow that to happen. He pushed his hand to my mouth and put his face inches from mine. “Did you think I wouldn't find you?” Zachary hissed, “I promised your father that I would have you dead.” My breathing escalated over the sound of Zachary's threats. His blue eyes angry, his breathing hard himself. I felt Zachary's fingers roll over the inside of my thigh, “You certainly put your looks to it's limit, don't you Belle?” Zachary whispered, teasing me, “Is this your profession, Belle? A hooker, Huh? You sleep with guys for a living, Belle? I don't think your father would like that. But, hell. Who cares? He's dead, just like you.” I almost cried with his taunts. I stared at him, my breathing heavy. “You know, Belle. You would be an excellent addition to The Black Hills. You can be the little whore you are.”

Oh no. no. no. no. Zachary grabbed me by the arm, and yanked me up. He took his hand off my mouth. “Just leave me alone!” I growled at him, “I had nothing to do with your mommas death and you know it!” Zachary simply laughed at that, and stared at me.

“Get this,” Zachary stated, “You scream, you run – you're dead. The folks 'round here won't help you. Your mine now.” Zachary smiled a sadistic smile at me, and grabbed his jacket, throwing it over his arms, and putting his hat back on his head. He grabbed my arm, and yanked me out of the birdcage. There were girls walking into the birdcages that saw this, but there was nothing they could do. There was nothing anybody could do. I was Zachary's property now.

He pulled me down the stairs and outside, He practically drug me to his horse on the other side of the street. With ease, Zachary threw a leg over the horse and pulled himself up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up himself. Then, he bucked the horse, and it began running down the streets of Tombstone to Zachary's estate.

Zachary's estate was really big. His father had owned it, and I was almost positive the only reason why his father had it was because he bought it from all the money he had stolen. The house was all brick, three stories high, and balcony on the second and third story. Windows covering the whole lot. It resembled something from the rich New England part of the country, not something for the wild west. We road up towards the doors, where we were greeted with a few members of the gang.

“Ah-ha!” One of them shouted, “Who is this, Zachary?!”

“My girl, take her to the cells.” Zachary noted without so much as a glance at me. The men pulled me off the horse, and drug me into the house while Zachary rode his horse to the back of the mansion.

“Zachary you will not get away with this!” I screamed at him, the only threat I could come up with at this point, “My momma will come for me!” The man hauling me away laughed at this outburst.

“Yell all you want, baby.” The man smiled, “Ain't nobody gonna hear ya.”