Nervous Mari

Marinette folded pastries dough beneath her fingertips as music played behind her.

She blinked a few times, in any tempt to keep herself from falling asleep. She has far too much to do for sleep.

Tikki made her way up next to Marinettes cheek as she watched her knead the dough.

"You better get this batch done soon, you need sleep."

Marinette laughed "I've stayed up later than this before Tikki"

It was almost 3 am. Marinette worked slowly, her energy gradually beginning to fade.

But since she was older now it was easier for her to stay awake. A little coffee and a cookie could keep her up for another hour or two.

She was listening to jagged stones newest hit, "Hero" one of Marinettes favorites.

The songs lyrics talk about about of Chat Noir and Ladybug's fights, and how they always win to protect Paris.

The song is to be played at the ball being held at the mayors home, in honor of them.

Marinettes eyes were slowly closing, her mind drifting off to sleep. She shook her head to wake herself.

"Wake up Marinette, stay up." She said to herself, determined to finish the batch of pastries

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

The next day Marinette moped her way into school, barely able to stand or even walk.

She flopped into her seat, laying her head down as soon as she touched the desk.

Adrien has been Marinettes desk buddy since the beginning of their senior year.

Since then they've grown closer. Adrien goes to Marinettes a lot to play video games or learn how to sew.

As Marinette fell into her seat Adrien looked over, he stared for a few moments. Until speaking up.

"Hey, you doing okay Mari?" He said moving closer to her.

Marinette lifted her head and look up at Adrien. She shook her head and rested her head in her hands

"I'm cooking for the Ball on Friday, you know the one for ladybug and chat noir, and they want me to be there to celebrate. It's just stressful."

Adrien smiled a little surprised "Your going too?"

Marinette nodded "Yeah, for a little. I'm guessing Chloe invited you?"

Adrien let out a small laugh "Heh, yeah."

Marinette laughed a little too

"If you get annoyed of her come find me and we could hang out. I'll be alone, Alya can't come. She wasn't invited."

Adrien nodded smiling, a little pinky blush on cheeks. "I'd love to."

Marinette looked backer Alya and smiled brightly as Alya returned the look.

"I can't wait for this ball." Marinette thought to herself.