Chapter 10

January 11th

I woke up to an almost pitch black room. The only thing illuminating the room was the light of the moon. I grabbed my phone off the table that was next to me. I turned it on so I could find the bathroom. Crawling back into the bed with Trevor, he woke up.

"Hey, I didn't mean to wake you, I just needed to pee," I whispered.

"It's fine. I woke up when you got out of bed," he replied.

"Oh. Well, I'm back now. We can go back to bed," I said looking at him.

He kissed me then we fell back asleep.

When I woke up, the clock read 8:55 am. I looked up at Trevor to see that he was still sleeping. 'What time do these people wake up normally?' I asked myself. Trevor moved a little bit, mostly just his hand moved to readjust around me. I grabbed my phone and sat on facebook for awhile, then snapchat. His face while sleeping was too cute to not take a picture of. Around 9:30 he woke up.

"How long have you been up?" he asked me.

"About an hour," I told him.

"You could have woke me up you know," he told me.

"Yeah, I know, but you look so cute while you sleep. I couldn't wake that face up," I told him showing the pictures I took.

"Dylan, you will pay."

I kissed him and got up. A nurse came in to give him hospital breakfast food.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could take him out for breakfast, or at least bring him food from somewhere. Would that be fine?" I asked the nurse.

"I will check with the doctor and let you know," she told me smiling.

"Thank you," I told her as she walked out.

"You want to take me out for breakfast?" Trevor asked.

"Well, yeah. You have to get out of here sometime."

"True. So, where did you have in mind?"

"Anywhere you want to go."

"Hmmm, how about McDonald's? I haven't had anything from there since we went there at the beginning of the month."

"If that's where you want to go, we will."

"McDonald's it is then."

"The doctor said it was fine. You have 2 hours and then he has to be back here. Here are some clothes his mother brought yesterday," the nurse came in and handed Trevor the clothes.

"Thank you," Trevor and I said.

"Get dressed and we will go, but we're stopping at my house so I can change," I told Trevor.

"Yes ma'am," Trevor said as he kissed my forehead and went into the bathroom.

We started walking to my car after I checked him out of the hospital for 2 hours. On the way to my house, Trevor was flipping through the radio stations. I handed him the aux cord and told him to play music from his phone. He couldn't decide which song to play the whole way to my house.

Once we got to my house, I shut off my car and we walked into the house. My mom was happy to see that they let me take Trevor out of the hospital.

"Oh, Trevor! It's so good to see you!" my mom said.

"You too Mrs. Queen," he said giving her a hug.

"Alright you two, I'm going to change and then I'm taking Trevor out to eat," I told them.