Chapter 18

April 17th

Time for the second test. Trevor is watching me as I'm drinking as much water possible to help me. I feel the pressure to go, so I grab the stick and go. Once I'm out, the timer is set again. This time is different though. We sit in silence, holding hands. I close my eyes and just think about all of Trevor and I's memories.

The timer goes off. I take a deep breath and let it out as I look at the stick again. Tears are forming in my eyes. Negative. I smile.

"I'm not pregnant," I whisper.

Trevor stands up from his seat and hugs me.

"Let's go get something to eat," he whispers in my ear. I nod.

We get into his car and drive. He won't tell me where. I laughed at him as he started singing along with the radio. We pulled up in the Mexican restaurant's parking lot. I looked at him and smiled as I grabbed his hand.

We get in and sit down. I noticed we ordered the same thing we did when we both came here for our first date. I smiled at that. We haven't been together for a year but it feels like it.

We decide to go to his place and watch a few movies. In the middle of the second one, I started to feel sick. Next thing I know, I'm running to the bathroom and throwing up. Trevor is right behind me, holding my hair.

"It's probably just food poisoning. If it continues longer than a few days, then it's something to worry about," Trevor tells me as he rubs my back.

"Do you have an extra toothbrush? I can't stand this taste in my mouth," I said.

"Yeah, here you go," he says pulling a toothbrush out of one of the drawers under the sink.

I start brushing my teeth as he leans up against the doorway watching me. I raise my eyebrow at him and he copies. I roll my eyes and turn back to the mirror. I spit and rinse. When I'm done, I stand there and rest my hands on the counter. Trevor comes up from behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. I turn around and look up at him. We held the silence for awhile before he leaned in and kissed me.

April 21st

"I don't want to go anywhere. I still feel sick," I tell Trevor as I'm on the phone with him.

"Do you want me to bring you something? Or cook you something at your house?"

"No Trevor. It's fine. I'm fine."

"You just said you still feel sick. Feeling sick and fine are not the same thing."

"Whatever."

"Did you schedule a doctor's appointment?"

"For what?"

"You just said you felt sick! And you've been feeling that way for how long?"

"About a week."

"You need to make an appointment."

"Okay. I will."

"Do you want me to go with you? Just in case?"

"Trevor, the tests came out negative. I'm not pregnant. You don't have to come with. I'm fine going by myself."

"Dylan.... I'm just trying to help.."

"I know."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I called the hospital to set up an appointment after I hung up with Trevor. I texted Trevor to let him know my appointment was tomorrow. The rest of the night went kinda fast and kinda slow at the same time. It was spent watching movies with Hayden. I think he enjoyed it more than he'd like to admit. I couldn't focus on any of the movies. All I could seem to do was watch the clock. I was anxious for my appointment tomorrow. Once 9:30 rolled around, I decided to go to bed.

April 22nd

Trevor pulled up in my driveway to pick me up. He was taking me to my doctor's appointment. I kept telling him he didn't have to but he insisted. He said he wanted to be there for me. We got checked in and we were told what side of the hospital to sit on. After about five minutes, the nurse calls my name. Once we're in the back, she asks the normal questions, I give her answers, then we wait for the doctor. I'm sitting up on the bed as Trevor sits in one of the chairs looking through a sports magazine.

"Hey, Dylan. How are we feeling today?" the doctor asks as she comes in.

"Uhm, I've been feeling pretty crappy the past few days. I thought it was food poisoning at first, but it should have died down by now right?" I ask her.

"That all depends. Food poisoning can last anywhere from 3-90 days. When it's longer than three days, that's usually called the incubation period. We can, however, do a blood test and get the results in an hour if you want to stick around here or go get something to eat," she suggests.

"Yeah, let's do that," I nod.

"Alright. Go check into the lab and once they're done taking blood, you have an hour before we need you back here. If you leave, just walk back to this room. I'll keep it so no one comes in here," she says before leaving.

"Ready?" Trevor asks me. I nod.

We leave the room and head down to the lab. After the blood work is done, we decide to go to Subway. It doesn't take us an hour, but after we're done we just went back to the hospital anyway.

"Well Dylan, it doesn't look like you have food poisoning," the doctor tells me.

"So why am I so sick then?" I ask curiously. I look at Trevor and I can see the wheels turning in his head. I know exactly what he's thinking.

"She's pregnant, isn't she.." he whispers.

"Yes," the doctor responds.

"Oh my god," I say in shock.

"But the tests turned out negative?" Trevor asked.

"Sometimes tests don't always work the way we want them to. Or it was too early to detect it," the doctor says.

"A-are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes. Blood tests don't lie," she says, "I'll give you two a minute alone. You still have time to choose what you want to do. Do you have any more questions?"

"How far along am I?" I ask.

"Four weeks. Your due date is December 27th," she tells me.

"Thank you," I tell her. She nods and leaves.

Trevor stands up and walks over to me. He holds my hands in his. He rests his forehead on mine. He lets out a huge breath.

"We're going to be parents," he says.

"Yeah," I say closing my eyes.

I'm pregnant.

I almost had a normal life.

Thanks For Reading!!

Read Miracles to Find Out What Happens Next!