Chapter 17

April 10th

"Come over. ASAP."

Oh god, I think. My period is late. I'm freaking out. I need to talk to Trevor. What if I'm pregnant. I need a test.

I hear a knock on the door as I'm pacing in the living room. I rush to the door and open it.

"I got your message. What's wrong?" Trevor asks.

"My period is late," I say searching for a reaction in his face.

"Did you take a test?" he asks.

"I don't have one," I tell him.

"I'll go get one," he says.

"I'm coming with," I say as I follow him out of the house and into his car.

We go to a drugstore that's outside of town. We thought it'd be better than in town. Someone could see us buying a test and next thing you know, there's rumors going around. Trevor runs in while I wait in the car. Once he gets it, we drive back to my place. There are two tests in the box. I decide one is alright for now. I'll take the other in a week. Once I finish that, I walk out of the bathroom. The wait is 5 minutes.

"Trevor, what if I'm pregnant?" I say softly.

"I'm not leaving you. If you are, we'll deal with this head on. I love you, Dylan. Nothing will change that. Ever," he says as he cups my cheeks. A tear runs down my face as the timer I set on my phone goes off. I take a deep breath and let it go when I see the result. Negative.

"I'm not! Oh my god! I'm not pregnant!" I rejoice. Trevor picks me up and whirls me around in a circle.

"I love you," I tell him as I give him a kiss.

"I love you too," he says with a smile.

"Ice cream?" I ask.

"Ice cream."

April 13th

I called Maddie and Nikkey and told them about the pregnancy scare. They were surprised. I think they thought Trevor and I weren't 'active'. They kept talking about how they would have been there to support me in any way needed if I was pregnant. I thanked them for that. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. In 4 days I take the other test. I hope it turns out negative. I don't need to be having a kid. Especially right now. I'm a sophomore! Next year I'm going to be a Junior. Colleges don't look for 'mother' on their apps. Especially if you're a Junior.

2 more years, and then I'm out of here. Trevor is done after this year. He says he's going to wait to go to college. I don't want him to put everything on hold just to be with me. He shouldn't have to.

Ever since the test, I've been on edge. All I do is think about the future. If I had a kid, so many people would look at me differently. My mom, she would be disappointed. Trevor, I hope he'd keep to what he said and stick with me through it all. He doesn't seem like the type to run away from his problems. Especially when it comes to things he loves. A week after his accident, he was back on the court playing. He was so happy. And now that basketball is coming to an end, he's getting excited about baseball.

I feel like all I've been doing outside of school is thinking about the future. I still work every weekend. Trevor doesn't like it, but he understands that I need an income. He's mostly busy during the week with sports and after practice, work. I understand that though. I just want him to be happy, but most importantly, I want me to be happy, and I am. I'm just stressed out a lot.

I haven't told my mom about the test yet. I figured, if I take the second test and it comes back negative, there's nothing to tell. If it comes back positive, that's a different story.