old friends

Keith:

 I finally got Zion to start releasing here inter kid and feel more comfortable with me just as I had planned. The date was going good so far until I was walking back from getting the passes to go to the laser tag battle. I saw this woman crying all over Zion I couldn't help but listen to the conversation. The more she talked the more familiar she became to me.

Dayjah, a girl I dated for one summer back in my last year of high school. The connection we had as young kids was so strong to be real. I only was with her for three months and it felt like I had known her since birth. By the end of the summer I didn't know she was leaving I swear I would have asked her to marry me every day until she'd say yes but what did I know about Love back then. We ended our relationship with a promise on the last night that if we should ever be fated to cross paths again and we or single that we would try again. She was my first of many things and I was her first as well so I kept her close in my heart but a silent memory.

" It couldn't be her no it can't be, the world cannot be this small." I thought to my self as started walking closer to them.

I saw Zion turn with a smile as I got closer " Oh yeah Day I want you to meet.." Before she could finish I heard Dayjah say, Keith?

At the same time, I couldn't hide my surprise and said Dayjah? And I could feel Zions Eyes bouncing back and forth between me and her.

Our eyes locked in on each other and I couldn't break the connection. I heard Zion clearing her throat and I finally looked her way.

" Umm yeah I know Dayjah we go a little ways back don't we Day, Old friends?" I said looking back at her wiping the leftover tears that had fallen from her eyes.

" Oh Yeah, we know each other . "Old friends" but how" She pointed from me to Zion wondering what was going on between us.

I looked over at Zion who was now looking just as confused as Day " Well I met this little cutie at the Gym a long time ago and my crush for her just kept growing until I man up and asked her out." I sat down on the couch on the other side smiling at Zion as I saw a blushing rising in her face and I couldn't help thinking she just don't know how beautiful she is.

" This was Our first date, I was trying to get her to loosing up and become comfortable with me." I winked at her making her face even hotter as I brushed my index finger along the side of her face to the tip of her chin.

"How do you and Day know each other?" She asked still looking confused between the both of us.

Day hurried and answer for me " Well you remember that summer before senior year that I had to stay with my grandma the whole summer? Well, this is that Guy I told you about that I couldn't stop talking about the rest of the school year."

"Ooh " Was all that came out of her mouth and then I became curious what was said about me back then I thought we had ended on the best of terms.

" I hope it was good things because I thought we ended on good terms?" I had to know if things were good or bad for me.

I studied Zion's face as it went from a real smile to the fakest one I ever seen.

" Yeah, we did Keith we really did." Day said taking Zion's hand as it look like Zion was about to get up.

" Well I'll let you and him catch up I'll be right back going to the bathroom." she got up looking back at us flashing another quick fake smile as she speed walked to the bathroom.

"So how have you been Day its been so long?" I said bumping into her side making her rock to the side and back.

" I don't know how much of that convo you heard but my life is chaos right now." she said laughing it out to keep from breaking down again.