7.

Sunflowers were my favourite despite my name being Lilly. Biologically, sunflower is not a flower but a bunch of florets together.It's like having many tiny yellow bright flowers stacked around a pollen laden base. Sunflowers smell weird actually. In a nice kind of weird way, that is to say.

And that is why when I saw them, they made me feel better.

I had not gone to school because of a flu. It would have been boring had not Delcan called me every hour. I had no idea how he managed to hide from the teachers to call me. We spoke about random things, deep things, anythings, that's how it was with Delcan. Delcan, Ben and I had been childhood friends from kindergarten. But Delcan was always more special.

"I miss you, Lil." He whines which makes me blush.

"Delcan! I'm sure you are going to call again."

"But it won't be like seeing you."

"For heaven's sake it has been only one day."

"Shall I come over after school?" He asks expectantly.

That was not a good idea. Dad would be at work and Delcan and I, alone? Nope.

"Um.." I think of an excuse. It is not that I don't trust Delcan. Of course I do with all my heart. But, just within a month of being official, it is, to be honest, awkward. I don't want to end up disappointing him by being that shy girl once again.

As I think of a proper excuse, I hear a knock on my window glass.

I see a whole bunch of sunflowers slowly some into view, as if someone is bringing it up. Or rather climbing up.

"Delcan, I gotta go. Bye."

"Wait Lil!"

"Delcan."

"Okay, bye." He whines again ending the line.

The window is opened by the person who has now reached my first floor bedroom. The huge bouquet of sunflowers hides the person's face.

"Who are you?" I demand.

"Chill, Lilly." Ben smiles jumping into the room.

He gives me those sunflowers and checks my temperature by placing his hand on my forehead.

Swatting his hand back I say, "Ben! What are you doing here?"

He makes himself comfortable in my desk chair.

"Giving your favourite flowers to make you feel better? Is that an offense?"

I realize I am looking alerted and guarded and after his words ring in, I relax immediately.

"Don't do that again.You threw me into fits." I smile placing the bouquet on my side table.

"And I was here thinking, that you would shed a tear or two and thanking me for the most kindest gesture ever." He mumbles.

I laugh and sit on the desk opposite him.

"Thank you so much, my knight in shining armor. "

It makes him grin.

"But did you seriously climb the side of my house?" I ask.

He simply shrugs. "Romeo did it, so can I. But seriously, those vines are much better than ladders."

I slap his shoulder playfully which makes us both laugh.

"How are you feeling now?" Ben asks.

"Much better, Delcan calling me every hour and you giving me sunflowers. I am feeling good." I grin.

His face shows hurt for a moment but he immediately masks it .

"Uh, I have to go.If your father sees me in his daughter's room, I am good as dead." Ben jokes making his way to the window.

"Ben." I call him.

Turning from the window he smiles at me. "What?"

"Are you upset?" I ask.

"Why would I be?"

"No it's just that whenever I speak of Delcan, your face falls and you immediately shut off."

Strangely he laughs at me. "Come on Lilly, you are reading the signs wrong. Of course I'm happy for you and Delcan."

"Then why-"

Ben cuts me off saying, "Lilly, I am not a good person."

"What?" I ask slightly nervous from his change of tone.

He hangs his head down saying, "I didn't buy the flowers, Delcan sent me here to give them to you."

"Oh."

"But I do sincerely hope you get well." He adds looking at me.

"Stupid Ben. You are always a good person and friend." I say hugging him.

I feel him snorting before he pulls back.

"Oh Bye! Your dad has come." Ben says and quickly jumps down running the other way.

I laugh seeing how scared he is of my father.

I immediately smell the nice kind of weird smell of sunflowers. A grin follows.

Oh, Delcan!

"Thanks for the flowers."

I message him.

"Wow, the delivery is real quick. Your welcome,dear."

I don't ponder on what he means by quick delivery because the butterflies are flying real fast because of the word 'dear.'

Ah! I am so hopeless.

"Lilly? How you doing now?" Dad asks from the threshold of my room.

Shutting my phone, I hug him and tell that I am feeling much better.

"Good. Dinner in five." He nods patting my head and leaving for downstairs.

But before he goes, he tells, "There was bouquet of sunflowers from 'Spring Flowers' and a get well soon card on the doormat. Get it alright?"

I nod.

Oh Delcan, another one?