Ch.4 A school day and Horror

Chapter 4:School and Horror

I walked into the plain building after parting my ways with Joel, why him out of all people it was him that came up to me. I drag my feet along the rubble of the schools ground, looking around I see, people whispering, and gossiping about me.

I know it's me because, you take one look at me and a story has started. I push my body up the concrete steps into the building of hell.

*buzz*

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, I didn't need one but my mum insisted on getting me one. I took it out and looked at the screen:

Joel:

Hey , to tonight I am taking you to a fancy restaurant wear something nice. I pick you up at 6

Joel

Me:

Fine. But only if it is a matter of life and death.

Jenni xx

I text him back, I smiled at my comment. I did have sense of humour but only around certain people.

Joel:

It is,J GO TO CLASS!

Joel xx

I chuckled at his remark, I quickly scurried over the Lino floor to my locker as I did not want to be late for form room. I slam my locker shut whilst holding all my biology stuff in my other hand. I walk into home room to be greeted by stares by people who don't even know me.

Society these days. Will they ever learn?

The bell rang for the end of class, I walk out to bump into Matt while falling over and spilling my books in the process.

"Are you all right" Matt says stretching out a hand. I kindfully take his hand, he pulls me up using all his strength but before, I regain all my balance he lets goes of my hand. And I fall over again. He and his "buddies" stand there laughing at me. I promised myself that I wouldn't cry or shed one tear but I couldn't hold them back.

The rest of the day was hard. Whenever I walked past Matt or his crew I would hear laughter and it took every muscle in my body not to cry. That afternoon when school finished, I start walking home. Which includes walking past the bus. Everybody on the bus on the closest side to me wound down there windows and threw food and drink at me.

I winced at every cup, can, sandwich, carton that go thrown at me, I also ignored the nasty comments like:

"You look hungry, go eat a double cheeseburger" or "you could make it on biggest loser" in the end I ran up the street crying to only go through the front door slamming it shut. Why were people so mean. Why. What have I ever done to them!

People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.

A/N

Sorry for the short chapters, this chapter was more if a filler than an actual chapter sorry.

Comment your thoughts

HiddenStars99