Painless

Author: BrittTheBookSlayer

Description:

Bliss has always been different. Because of a condition called CIPA, she's never felt pain–no headaches, no cramps, no charlie horses. She also can't sweat, cry or even play sports without endangering her life. And the worst part? She knows she has an expiration date, and it is probably fairly soon -- most people like her don't live past the age of 18.So, what's a girl to do? Well, if you're Bliss, you give the world the finger and decide to live life on your own terms. For her, this means training with her top-secret government agent mom in the art of hand-to-hand combat, and convincing her mad scientist dad to invent a special suit that will let her seek out the world's dangers without overheating and biting the big one. She is determined to take the world on, fighting the "bad guys" and leaving her mark during the short time she has.But when an old friend from CIPA camp asks her to help track down others like them who've suddenly disappeared under mysterious circumstances, her reckless lifestyle is put to the ultimate test. Especially when the junior government agent-in-training her mom assigns to help them with the case turns out to be totally hot--and totally into her. Torn between her feelings of anger toward the life she's been dealt and the one she could have if she just let others in, Bliss takes off on a mission that might just be her last.