20.

Sitting quietly in a plush chair infront of Ciel's desk, Isabellena waited patiently for him appear.

"Huu.."Isabellena sighed aloud.

Her heart was still pounding from her encounter with Elizabeth.. An it also hurt.

When Isabellena first saw Elizabeth that night when she ran in on dinner, all memories that she tried hard to forget came rushing back, an all at once, making Isabellena feel dizzy an sick.

But this time, though the memories came back all at once, Isabellena didn't feel sick, she felt felt complete anguish an despair.

Isabellena started to then think back to all the times her an Elizabeth spent dancing...

Flashback....

"Lena! Are you not excited for our recital coming up!?"A young, but still overly excitable Elizabeth Middleton came running full speed toward a smaller, still raven haired Isabellena Carrington.

Isabellena had no time to react as Elizabeth tackled her in a hug, both of them falling to the floor of the dance studio.

"Yes I am!"Isabellena laughed, a smile on her face as the two young girls sat up.

"My parents said that they got front row seats so they can see my performance up real close!"Elizabeth exclaimed, jumping up an pulling Isabellena to her feet also.

"Ah! That is so sweet of them!..."

"Yeah! An mother said that my Uncle an Aunt Phantomhive are going to be there too! Along with my Finacee! They bought all front seat tickets too!"

Isabellena's eyes widened an she looked down,"You must be very happy then... All those people showing up just to watch you dance..."

Elizabeth nodded,"I am!"She agreed with a closed eye smile. Then, Elizabeth turned curious, leaning closer to Isabellena,"Are your parents going to come!? Father said that there is still some front seats left open?"

Isabellena became quiet, her bottom lip became shakey,"Aha! No they can not make it! I overheard them talking about some important business meeting, or something like that!..."Isabellena said, looking up with a smile an closed eyes.

But Elizabeth had a pout,"Are you sure they can not make it? It is a big night for all of us?"

Isabellena nodded,"Mhmm. It is your night anyway, you are the one with a solo after all.."

Elizabeth smiled at her friend,"Well, I will just make sure to tell my parents to cheer extra loud! For both me an you!"

Isabellena looked shocked at her friend,"What!? No, no, no! You do not have to do that! I will be just fine!"

It was Elizabeth's turn to shake her head,"No way! You are my dearest best friend! An I will not have my best friends beautiful dancing go to waste! You will be cheered for!"Elizabeth exclaimed, throwing an arm around Isabellena's shoulder, pulling her close, her blonde curls bouncing around.

Isabellena's eyes turned glassy an she looked down, holding a hand up to stop the tears from falling, a soft smile on her face.

"Thank you so much Lizzy..."Isabellena mumbles but her friend didn't hear over her ranting,"... thank you so much..."

Back to reality...

Isabellena looked at the floor in front of her feet, her head hung an her eyebrows pulled down in the middle.

Her lip started to quiver lightly as she sat alone in the only light of the big room of the study, the rest around her was casted in the shadows the the thick curtains made.

It was like a spot light was pointed on her as she sat up front in her own trail, having to re-tell all the bad things she had done.

"Lizzy..."Isabellena's voice was strained and she only hoped it would go back to normal before Ciel came back.

"... Please... please forgive me... you have no idea how much I want to tell you... but.. I just... can not..."

Standing just outside the door, Ciel stood quiet as a mouse, his hand resting on the golden door handle.

The spot between his eyebrows formed a crease as he was able to just hear his investigation partner plead to whoever would hear her.

Elizabeth was right, Ciel thought,... Something was not right with the poor girl...

An he was going to find out why... not only for Elizabeth, but also for Isabellena. No Lady should look so lost.

Stepping back, Ciel made sure to make his entrance loud so Isabellena would be able to hear him an tidy herself up as needed.

Ciel was known to be a cruel an cold young man, but he would never purposely embarrass a Lady like that. He was a gentleman an was raised better.

"Hurry up with the tea Sebastian!"Ciel yelled over his shoulder as he walked in his study, making a show of swinging the door open wide an turning completely around to shut it.

Ciel paused for a few seconds before he turned back around,"Are you ready to discuss what we have learned today, Lady Isabellena?"

Looking up, Ciel spotted Isabellena sitting up straight, looking over her shoulder at him with wide eyes.

"Eh?.."He heard her mumble.

Ciel opted to act like he never had heard anything, so he gave her his signature smirk,"Or did you forget already?.."

Isabellena bit her bottom lip softly, embarrassed she was almost caught crying.

She nodded her head.

"Good."Ciel declared, his head held high as he started walking dutifully around his desk, sitting in his large chair,"We have alot to discuss."Ciel said, glancing over Isabellena.

Her eyes an rosy cheeks were a slight red, but overall she looked normal.

"Are you not mad at me?"Isabellena whispered.

Ciel leaned his head to the side,"Why would I be mad?"

"Because of what had went on between Elizabeth an I.."

Ciel waved a hand lazily,"What is going on between two Lady's, is between two Lady's. I do not know what went on between you two, so I have no right to pick sides or comment."

The corners of Isabellena's lips tilted upward, an she slightly bowed her head. She wanted to say thank you, but couldn't.

She didn't want to seem to friendly.

That's why she would have been much happier if Ciel was mad at her...

Much, much happier...