Flutter

Haumae Nayumi leaned back in her chair, legs spread at a sixty-degree angle. The topmost button on the left side of her skirt fluttered open, revealing a wedge of the thin white garment underneath and a sliver of milky white skin. It wasn't proper at all, especially in a classroom, even if said classroom was empty at the moment. But with the muggy heat drenching her in sweat and no air conditioning, she needed to find an alternate way to cool down.

Summer was undeniably on its way. The cicadas were out early with the approaching heat, their voices droning just beyond the open windows. Exams would be on their way soon, as would the sign-ups for remedial summer classes. If you failed, you were obligated to attend them. Of course, some skipped out or had summer plans that interfered with such plans, though many just found them an unnecessary bother. Talk of the school summer festival and a few brainstormed club camps were already abuzz on many a chattering girl's lips. The drone of conversation had long past melted from the adjacent classrooms. It was a quarter to four. Not many girls lingered this late; many had already headed home, save for the few that were bent on studying for half an hour to an hour longer. Nayumi would be studying too, but with this ungodly heat, the study material before her just seemed to undulate lazily across the page in an incoherent blur. Ah, no good...

"Na~yu~mi." A sweet voice suddenly cooed.

It resonated right by her ear, and before she had an opportunity to collect herself and turn her head to look, a punishing finger had pressed against the exposed wedge of skin revealed by the open skirt. A shudder ran along her spine as it perched on the tip of a manicured nail and twisted teasingly, digging the fine curve into the skin. It kind of pinched but wasn't meant to hurt too badly. The girl winced nonetheless.

"Ow, ow, ow—Hey, Sasari, cut it out." She muttered lethargically.

The reprimanding finger paused in its assault for a moment, as if contemplating the lazy order, before continuing, albeit at a softer pinching pressure. A pretty, smiling face suddenly hovered over hers. It was upside down because of the angle, and because of that, wisps of dangling brown hair managed to brush against her face. It tickled a little.

"You're not supposed to open your skirt that much." Kameko Sasari giggled. "Otherwise people will think you're loose or rebellious or improper."

Nayumi pushed a displeased breath from her parched lips at the sour words. It didn't matter to her, really, what others thought about it. Sasari's opinion was all that really mattered to her in the end.

"Jeez, it's not like there's anyone else here in this room. Besides, why put buttons on the skirt if you can't do anything with them – I'm dying from this heat."

"Dying, is a bit of an exaggeration. It's only 29'C. Yesterday was hotter."

"I don't care... It's hot."

Sasari, bored with the complaints and her assault, removed her finger to relocate the whole hand to the side of the girl's face. Her other hand joined too, and soon the two open palms had squished her soft cheeks gently, making the complaining face puff out in a humorous way. Nayumi indicated her dissatisfaction with a soft grunt.

"Sasari..." The other's name was squeezed out strangely from the crushed lips. It elicited a giggle from the playful brunette.

"Hey now, this is your punishment. Besides, you look cuter this way~"

With that said, the brunette dipped her head and closed the distance between their mirrored lips. The closeness caused the locks of dyed hair to collect even more about the other girl's face and neck. A few swept past her collarbone now. She bit down the urge to giggle. Sasari's lips were hot with the heat of the approaching summer. There seemed to be a layer of strawberry-flavored lip balm coating them, though the kiss would most likely rub some of it off. Either way, Nayumi had forgotten to apply any herself, so she guessed this could be a nice temporary substitute.