4

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" – Ambrose Bierce

Louis can feel it, Harry is cheating on him and there's no fixing it. It's not even a question anymore, it's a fact. It's like the motherly instinct he has with the kids, except it's with his husband; it's like husbandly instincts or something. Either way, Louis knows it. He doesn't know with who, until New Year's Eve.

Harry comes home from work with a man; an attractive man, probably younger than Louis. All the kids are home and Liam, Niall, and Zayn are all over with their own families and kids as well. It's always been a tradition for them. And now Harry is bringing in strangers.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," Harry greets. "This is Nate, he works with me."

"You're a doctor, then?" Louis asks, bouncing Joshua in his arms.

"Um, no, just a nurse," Nate gives a crooked smile.

"What is he doing here, Harry? You didn't tell me you were bringing a friend," Louis says tightly, the word 'friend' slipping out harshly.

"It's snowing really bad and it's supposed to get worse. Nate had a flight back to New York, where he's from, but it was cancelled. I told him he could stay with us," Harry shrugs. "Catch a flight in the morning."

"Next time can you call me, at least? I spent the whole day cooking and I'm not even sure if there's enough food," Louis says.

"You're being very rude, Louis. We have a guest," Harry says.

"Don't start right now, Harry," Louis says between his teeth when he sees Jake walk into the room.

"Daddy, I'm hungry," Jake pouts.

"Alright, honey. Dinner is almost ready. Here, I'll get you a snack, yeah?" Louis says, walking into the kitchen and away from his husband.

"He's great," Nate says sarcastically. "Can totally see why you're married to him."

"Don't start, Nate," Harry sighs. "Please. I just want to try to have a good new year."

"Fine," Nate says, crossing his arms. They go into the living room, filled with tons of people. Liam and Zayn have three kids of their own and Niall and his wife Amy have two.

"Louis still in the kitchen?" Harry asks, sitting down next to Gabriella and putting her on his lap, kissing her forehead.

"Yeah, he's been busy the whole time. Is he alright? He's been a bit off lately, won't tell us what's wrong," Liam says, his arm around Zayn and their three year old daughter on his lap.

"I don't know," Harry shrugs. "Been moody lately."

"Don't tell me he's pregnant again," Zayn says quickly. Harry laughs sarcastically.

"No, trust me, that's not possible."

"You haven't...?" Liam asks, trailing off for the sake of the kids.

"Not since before Joshua was born," Harry shrugs. "Doesn't bother me much."

"It's been over a year? That's why he's moody!" Niall shouts.

"Who's moody?" Louis asks, walking in with Joshua on his hip and Jake's hand in his.

"No one," Zayn says quickly, glaring at Harry. If he could, he'd hit him right now. Harry has been the moody one, honestly, and everyone can see it. Louis is burnt out running around with five kids with minimal help from his doctor of a husband. Louis doesn't get enough credit it for it, honestly, and Harry doesn't respect him enough sometimes.