Chapter 2: Perfectly Horrible

*AUTHOR'S NOTE****** Sorry again but I have lost some of this chapter and I'm terribly sorry about it but I'll try find the beginning part of it. Sorry again.

~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X

(One week later)

Everything was going perfectly normal until today. I got up, got dressed and did all the perfectly normal things a girl does in the morning.

In the afternoon, Eustace and I had to run to the market to pick up some cheese for dinner.

Little did I know, everything was about to change. And I was about to get my wish in the most unexpected way.

"Eustace!" I called out. He had left me when he'd spotted a friend, calling out a quick excuse so he wouldn't be caught shopping. Shopping was a woman's job. Can you imagine? That would have just been too embarrassing to live down amongst his friends.

You don't want to know what I thought of it. I'd have liked to have gotten a hold of my daggers right then.

"Where are you Eustace?" I called out again.

Now I was left to determine whether I should leave and go back to the house or wait for him. "Dratted, Eustace". I muttered under my breath.

I stood tapping my shoe in the dust for a while. Minutes slid by and I yawned widely. That is, until I felt somebody's gaze on me. I cut the yawn off abruptly and snapped my head around to see who was watching me.

Expecting to see Eustace, I had a scowl and a couple of sharp words prepared, but what I saw shocked every word out of me. A young man, who looked to be a few years older than I, was looking at me.

I blinked, it was the only thing I could do. He was looking at me.

I was horrified.

Is that normal I ask you? A boy looks at you and you lose every coherent thought in your head.  I gulped in a breath of air and shook my head slightly to shake myself out of my paralysed state, knowing I probably looked ridiculous, and as if this were all perfectly normal to me, I turned back to the tall, dark-haired young man and smiled.

Yes, I smiled at him. Perhaps a little too widely to be an effortless-I-do-this-all-the-time, flirty smile.

I actually took a step towards him, my mouth opening to say something. And I am proud to say I got out a, "Hello".

The young man smiled back. Can you imagine my elation? I felt a blush redden my normally paleish cheeks. 

And then it was ruined. Perfectly ruined. In fact, I shouldn't even use 'perfectly' in that same sentence. More like horribly ruined.

You must be wondering what happened....