Chapter 4 A Panic in the Night

When Andy told me about dinner I didn't think she meant tonight, I don't know if I can do this. How do you even tie one of these!
Brand thought to himself as he looked in his bedroom mirror struggling to tie his tie. He was in a suit and his hair was flattened with jell.
Mikey was sitting criss cross on Brands bed watching him struggle. He was hopping to watch movies with him but this dinner popped up.
"Hey Mikes, do I uh look ok?"
He was shaking a bit.
"Yes Brand you have nothing to worry about, I know they'll love you, your a great guy, and a better brother."
"Aww Mikey." Brand said pulling him into a hug.
"Here." Brand said handing him something.
"A walketalke?" Mikey was confused.
"Yeah I bought them for us so when we're apart we can still talk."
"But you were gonna use that money you saved up for new bike tiers since we deflated you old ones."
"There are to prevent what happened today from ever happing again. When ever you need me call me on this and I'll come."
"Brand, you didn't have-"
"Yes I did." Brand said cutting him off placing his talkie in his pocket.
"See you later Mikey." Brand sighed leaving the room.

* * *

Ding dong! Now he was really nervous. He felt the sweat drip down his sides. Andy opened the door. She was in an elegant but not over the top dress. Her hair was done nicely and her lips were colored a rosy pink.
"Wow you look-" he was almost speechless, "Uh beautiful."
"And you clean up very nice too, no bandana? She chuckled pulling him in.
"Mikey said it was too much aha."
Andy lead him into there dinning room. It was a lot fancier than his family's. A long brown oak table with a golden chandelier hanging from the ceiling. He could smell the aroma of a roast.
"Mom! Dad! He's here!" Andy called.
Her father came in from the living room.
"Good evening Mr. Carmichael, thanks for the invitation to dinner. Your home is lovey." Brand began stretching his had out.
Her father grabbed it firmly.
"Well your a very special boy Brand, Andrea won't stop talking about you."
Brand blushed and they let go.
Her mother came in from the kitchen with the roast on a platter.
"Oh do you need any help Mrs. Carmichael." Brand offered.
"Oh no I've got it sweetie." She kindly said setting it on the table. She went back in the kitchen and brought out side dishes and water.
"So Brand," Mr. Carmichael began as he cut into the roast. "Andrea says you saved her life."
"Well I uh-" he didn't want to boast.
"Oh Brand,-" Andy cut in. "He's being shy, I was on the plank hands tied, and then they made me jump. Brand had a sword to his neck but managed to push them out of the way. He jumped in and saved me from drowning. Ah and then we-" she stopped herself, she got to into it she almost talked about there kiss. That magical kiss.
"Then what honey." Mrs. Carmichael asked.
"Oh uh he uh swam me to shore and untied me."
"Oh you brave boy." Mrs. Carmichael said turning to Brand.
He blushed again. "To be honest I was terrified the hole time. I thought I might lose my brother and Andy or get shot or something, but I didn't want them to see that they thought I was so strong and tuff."
Andy thought his honest jester was so cute.
And her father appreciated it as well. "That was very brave of you to admit son, you're stronger than you believe. I knew I liked you. A real man admits his flaws and fears, something that Troy Perkins would never do."
"Yeah that boy seems a trouble load." Mrs. Carmichael added.
"Yeah he ran Brand off a cliff!" Andy butted out.
"Oh it wasn't that bad."
"You poor thing." Mrs. Carmichael sighed.
"And he beat up his poor brother Mikey today!"
"No!" Mrs. Carmichael said in disbelief.
Brand sighed. He didn't need that image of Mikey in his head.
"Yeah he did."
"And the school did nothing about the matter?" Mr. Carmichael asked.
"Nope they believe it was from dodge ball."
"Let me guess, Troy!" Mr Carmichael shouted.
"Yep." Andy and Brand said in unseen.
"But Mikey's fine, just bruised, and sore."

* * *

Mikey stared at his celling, it felt he was alone for hours. His dad was working and his mother asleep. She's been going to bed rather early since on the pain meds. Mikey looked at he's clock. It read 9:30.
He should be back by now. What if? NO! That was just a dream. His heart began to race as he put all sorts of stuff in his head. He soon started to shake without realizing. As he breathed every breath heavily his limbs grew tingly. He was in a full on panic. He started running around his room not sure we're to go. His eyes spotted the walkie-talkie and his body lunged for it as if he weren't in control.
* * *
Brand sat on the couch next to Andy as her father mended the fire across from them, her mother entering with a platter of cookies.
"Freshly baked um, myself." She smiled proudly, placing them on the coffee table.
Bieng polite he grabbed one and tried it. They were warm and gooey and melted on his tongue.
"Mrs. Carmichael these, are these are, these are the best cookies I have ever tasted."
"Oh I'm glad you like them. I'll wrap some up for you to take for your brother and parents." She said getting up and walking back into the kitchen.
"Oh thank you I'm sure they'll love them like me."
His pocket began to screech. It was his walkie-talkie.
"Sorry Ands it's Mikey I don't have to -"
"It's fine talk to him I don't mind."
Brand turned his talkie on. He went to speak when Mikey came thru.
"BRAND! - - -HELP! -- I - CANT-CANT- - BREATH!" Then the talkie lost connection.
"Andy did you here what I heard?" Brand chocked.
"Brand go! He needs you!"
Brand got up and darted out the door.
* * *
Brand bursted the front door and dashed up the stairs to there room. Mikey was breathing very heavily.
"BRAND!" Mikey cried running into his arms.
"Mikey are you have an asthma attack?"
"Brand - I - can't breath! - I don't want- I don't want to die!"
"MOM!" Brand yelled.  "Mikey you won't die, I promise. MOM!"
In a few seconds there mom rushed in.
"Call nine one one!" Brand demanded.
* * *
Brand was sitting in the emergency room waiting area impatiently waiting for news on Mikey. Both his parents were in with Mikey and no one told him anything yet. It had been over a hour, what was happing. He kept replaying Mikey crashing into his arms and crying, gasping for air.
"Brand!"
Brand turned around to see a worried Andy running towards him.
"Andy? What are you doing here ?"
"I'm worried about you guys, how's Mikey?"
"I-I-I'm not sure, no ones came out." He answered on the verge of tears.
"Oh Brand," she sighed pulling him into a hug. "It's ok to cry." She rubbed his back and he began to sob, trying so hard to fight it.
"He'll be fine, Mikey's a tuff cookie."
Mr. and Mrs. Walsh stepped uout from the back with Mikey wrapped in a brown furry blanket.
"Brand," Andy said softly turning him around.
Brand quickly whipped up his tears and was about to run to Mikey when his mom stopped him and pulled him aside with Andy.
"Mom what's wrong?!"
"Well it's not his asthma which is good."
"Ok, then what was it?"
"The doctors said it was, well nothing technically."
"But he couldn't breath!"
"Actually he could, he just thought he couldn't."
"Mom I'm confused, what's going on with him then?"
"He had an Anxiety or panic attack."
"Wait what?"
"Yup, the doctor believes it was brought on because of the event with the Fertellies and the caves."
"No he loved that stuff, yeah we almost died but-"
"The doctors said he could of always have this but do to recent events it has gotten more severe."
"Brand she's saying he wasn't really in danger but he had a panic attack, which means he felt like and thought he was dying." Andy said trying help explain.
Brand tried to comprehend it but due to the circumstances he wasn't processing it.
"Can-can I just see my brother."
"I don't think-"
"Mom please." He begged calmer.
"Ok but please, please don't talk about it with him."
Brand walked over to the bundled Mikey who was slightly shaking.
"Hey Mikey." Brand said softly approaching him.
Mikey ran Ito his arms and hugged his big brother.
"Please don't leave me." Mikey muttered into brands chest.
"I'll never leave you Mikey. Never again."