Chapter One: We meet a sixteen year old grandpa and some kid with anger issues

Picture this: Eric is an outcast who gave up on his education roughly two days after he started secondary school, he doesn't give a shit about anyone because he doesn't need friends to be happy.

At least, that's what he tells himself at three in the morning when he's drowning in alcohol and all he wants is for someone to smile at him once in a while.

But of course it would probably help if he didn't walk around scowling intimidatingly and kicking things around all the time, but that's not really relevant.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture this: Charles is a little nerd who feels most at home in the library and wears cardigans designed for people more than three times his age.

He spends most of his time reading books that were published centuries before he was born because he feels as if he belongs in the past.

He would much rather live in a time when you were famous for your scientific breakthroughs than one where people looked up to you because you held the schools record for how many chips you could fit up your nose.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture this: Eric goes to rugby club every Wednesday as it's the one thing he enjoys about school; the opportunity to beat other guys up.

It's a way for him to release his anger and frustration, he puts all his rage into it and comes away at the end feeling even more powerful.

Also, some of the other guys in the rugby club were really hot and sweaty and sometimes tackling him, which was, admittedly, quite enjoyable.

Something about ploughing through rows of boys is immensely therapeutic for Eric and he doesn't spend long worrying about how much he enjoys causing other people pain.

On second thoughts, maybe he should see someone about that...