Chapter 17

Monday Morning***

I am so damn tired like you have no clue. All day yesterday Caleb and I babysat and that was a task in itself and then I when he dropped me off I like passed out. But not until my sister blasts her music so damn loud that I get a headache. And I think I caught a cold.

So this is why I am at school with my head on my desk wearing sweatpants and an equally baddy tank with a zipper hoodie over and some sneakers with my hair done in a ponytail. So yeah, I’m here sniffling, coughing and sneezing and I am in a bad mood. The perfect start to a week. And on top of that it’s my turn for groceries today!

So I am sitting down in music class. Melanie is with the other girls she hangs out with just talking, not that I mind anyways and I am here. Alone. About to fall asleep on my desk when I feel someone poke me. Just ignore it. Just ignore it.

“So are you going to turn around and greet your boyfriend?” I hear Caleb say and I can even hear that smile that is on his face…

I don’t even turn I just shake my buried head that’s in my desk. I hear him grab a desk and puts it right in front of mine. When I hear him stop I decide to look in front of me and I see his green eyes staring at me.

“Stop looking at me… You look like a damn creep.” I mutter looking at him and he just smiles at that.

“Whatever you say Giselle. Do you know what day it is today?” He asks.

Why does he ask so many damn questions. I am seriously not in the best of moods. I sneeze in my arm and he tells me bless you. I then wipe my runny nose. For all those who want to know, this is not the best looks to show your boyfriend…

“No I have no clue Caleb. What day is it?” I ask groggily.

“Well it’s Monday.” He says and I just give him a look as if to say What the fuck? And so he continues, “Remember Sunday, the cupcakes, my so called punishment.” He said and I smile as it came back to me.

***Flashback to Sunday***

This is seriously like an interrogation from Law and Order. And I just happen to be interrogating twi boys at the moment. Both Caleb and his little cousin that we are babysitting at the moment are sitting in a dimly lit dining room looking at me clearly scared.

And they had better be this is some serious shit.

I’m staring at Caleb who is sitting right in front of me wearing some sweatpants and I simple t-shirt and his little cousin Anthony who is the cutest thing ever wearing some jeans and I small polo shirt. Both of their green eyes are looking at me really frightened.

“I will ask you both one more time. Who took them?” I say staring at them and I am pissed.

“We didn’t take it.” They say at the same time.

“Really because if I recall I baked about 15 cupcakes so how can two cupcakes just disappear while I was picking up the mess that the both of you made by the way and the both of you are the only other people in the house.”

I say looking in their eyes to detect if any of them are lying.

Right now it’s the afternoon and I’m tired. Anthony has to be the most energetic 5 year old that I have ever met.  Regardless though he is adorable. But he still commited a crime.

Both boys look at each other as if to see if they will talk but then look back at me. Caleb has a smirk on his face.

“I want a lawyer.” He says out of nowhere and I laugh as Anthony says the same thing.