The Glade

Newt pushed open the door of the Homestead, Anna trailing behind him as fast as her short legs could carry her. "Slow down shuck face!" Alby shouted behind Newt still at the Homestead. "Oh, sorry little one!" Newt quickly stopped and grabbed Anna's hand. "Looks like you're not the only one who's gonna have some adjusting to do!" Anna giggled and raced ahead. "Annie! Oh no you don't!" Newt yelled chuckling. He ran after her, and quickly  picked her up in his arms. "Ready for the tour?" Anna nodded in reply excitedly. "Well, the building you woke up in is called the Homestead. It's where you'll be sleeping." He then proceeded to show her the rest of the Glade, introducing her to the other Gladers on the way. All the other boys were quite taken with the little girl, and were all very kind to her.  After Newt had shown Annie almost all of the Glade, he debated showing her the maze. A silent battle with himself was going on in his head. "She's so young, she doesn't need to know about the danger of this place!" He right then and there decided that no harm would ever come to Annie, and he would protect her with his life, and was sure the other Gladers would do the same. "What are those big gaps in the walls Newt?" the little girl asked curiously. "Oh, they're nothing important to you." He lied through his teeth. No harm would ever come to the little girl, and surely her mind needn't be plagued with the thoughts of monsters and a giant maze with seemingly no escape.