Bonfire

"Newt!" a boy ran up towards Newt and Annie. "Alby told me to tell you that there's a bonfire tonight!" "Sweet! Can Annie come?" Newt asked grinning widely. "Just ask Alby, I'm not sure." The boy jogged back towards the Homestead. "C'mon Annie, let's go to the bonfire!"
Annie had no idea what a bonfire even was. In her young six years, she had certainly never been to one. Or at least if she had, she couldn't remember it. 
Close to the Homestead, boys were hard at work bringing wood to the steadily growing pile, which Annie assumed would be the fire pit.
Later that night...
"GALLY! GALLY!" "GET HIM YOU SHANK!!" Yells came from a large ring of boys, surrounding Gally and another unfortunate Glader, who at the moment had his face mashed into the dirt ground. "Anyone else up for the challenge? Or are you all just a bunch of shanks?" Gally laughed. No one answered. "That's what I thought." Annie stepped forward.
"Annie are you crazy? You could get hurt!" Newt shouted, trying to grab her as she darted past him. Gally didn't look too pleased about the arrangement. "I can't wrestle with her, she's just a kid!" Annie stepped to the middle of the ring. "Try me." "Gally I swear it on your shuck face, if you hurt her, I will throw you out to have a sleepover with the Grievers. Do you hear me?!" Newt shouted in Gally's face. "I promise Newt! I'll stop as soon as she asks. Okay?" Newt's face was red with anger and he nodded curtly. Gally and Annie took their places in the middle of the circle. "Okay Annie, these are the rules. When.. OOF!" Before Gally had a chance to finish, Annie ran forwards and tackled his legs. Gally fell on his back, the wind knocked out of him. All the Gladers stood stunned, mouths gaping. Newt suddenly came to his senses, and picked Annie up on his shoulders. "You did it little one! You beat Gally!" The last thing that Annie heard before falling asleep on his shoulders was "ANNIE! ANNIE! OUR LITTLE PRINCESS BEAT GALLY!"