A New Friend

Newt and Gally slowly pulled the metal doors to the Box open. Newt jumped down into the dark shaft. As Minho moved closer, Annie (still on his shoulders) could see a scared looking boy, plump and with brown curly hair. "Hey there Greenie, it's okay! The names Newt. Can you remember yours?" Newt said kindly but firmly to the boy. "My name... it's Chuck. Chuck." The boy said again, becoming more sure of himself. Gally threw down a rope into the Box, and hauled Chuck up. He was instantly surrounded by helping hands, beating all the dirt off of Chucks clothes. The scared looking boy looked about the age of 12, and Annie was even more excited than before. The young boy caught a glimpse of Annie on Minho's shoulders and looked confused. "Where are the other girls? I only see one!" "Save all of your questions for the bloody tour, Greenie!" Newt told him, clapping him on the back and giving him a smile. Alby came up to Chuck and grabbed his arm. "C'mon, I'll show you where you'll sleep." Minho gently set Annie back down onto the ground, and she jumped up and down with excitement. "A new friend for me to play with!! When can I go see him?" She asked anyone who would listen. A pair of strong arms picked her up from behind her. "Hey little one! I see you're pretty excited about Chuckie! We can go meet him later, but right now, it's time for lunch." Annie sighed but still trudged along behind Newt. "Alright, let's go get some lunch."