Chapter 3

Saturday Morning

It had become increasingly cold this week and this morning it was freezing. 8 degrees! And better yet, Kellie was making me go for a run. 5:30 am, 8 degrees, in running shorts, outside. You know what made it better? No not that it was windy. Total sarcasm there. But Kellie was coming too. To make sure I ran. Ridiculous huh? You'd think I would run to get it done quicker, but nooo. *Note my sarcasm*

I made an excuse to have a shower. "Kellie I need to have a hot shower first to warm my muscles up." I said. "Be quick" she replied. I walked to my bathroom. "How about no?" I said to myself. I got into the hot steamy shower and sighed. It was so nice, I was bound to use up all the hot water. I washed myself in a Coconut and Vanilla body wash and bypassed the shampoo and conditioner on the shelf. Who needs clean hair? Certainly not me. I washed my face, shaved and hopped out of the shower. I dried myself in a fluffy purple towel, put on my Lorna Jane running top, shorts, for my unfortunately freezing legs and socks. I walked out to my bedroom and found my shoes, I can't even remember where. I think one was in the cupboard and the other under the bedside table, who knows. I grabbed a jumper trying to warm up again and sprinted to the kitchen. Kellie was already waiting outside. I managed to sneak a muesli bar and went outside. 

"You're going to affect your time if you wear short shorts." She said, not worrying about me freezing to death, but beating my PB for the 3km run. "We'll maybe if you let me buy longer ones.." I muttered. "Start running young lady!" Kellie said, not appreciating my comment. I managed to run a lot further than her, so I put my headphones in and listened to my music, hoping Kellie wasn't too far behind me to see. 

After the 3km run I arrived back home, just ahead of Kellie. Of course, she had the keys, so I was stuck on the porch for a little in the freezing cold. Of course, I had forgotten to put my phone back on silent, and just as Kellie returned it went off. Full volume. "ELLIE LOUISE HAZELWOOD is that a phone in your pocket! That phone is a privilege, you are very lucky your father made me let you have it! You shouldn't have it at all, you can't even use it for the right purposes!" she yelled at me. I just cringed, rolled my eyes and hoped that the person would stop sending texts. "I was listening to music to boost my energy and to distract me from the cold" I replied. "I don't care! I didn't ask! Just get inside!" she yelled back. "If I could, I would've  Kellie. The door is locked" "I knew that!" she replied.

As I turned and stepped in Kellie pulled my phone out of my pocket. "Who is this Avalon girl texting you!? About a boy??" she said, after pressing the button to reveal my lockscreen. "Avalon is my friend, and that is her partner for dance." I smoothly answered. I plucked my phone out of her hands, showing attitude because, who cares, my dad was coming home tonight. I walked to my room, shut the door and chucked my shoes off. I changed into warmer clothes, some printed leggings, t shirt and sweater. I plugged my earphones in and jumped on my bed. Which hurt my stomach. 'Ugh' I thought. 'Bet I got my period this morning'. I did. I went downstairs and got a hot water bottle, Kellie staring at me. "I'm getting a hot water bottle?" I questioned. "For?" she asked, still staring. "Period" I answered, while filling it with water. She didn't reply. 

I returned to my room and lay down with the hot water bottle. I answered Avalon's text which said:

Ellie, I'm up early yay! Got a message from Jacob on Face Book last night, he want's to meet up to practice. Hmm - Avalon 

Hey Avalon, good 4 you. That sounds suspicious... got my period ugh.

She replied almost instantly.

Um ewwww I DONT NEED DETAILS!! - Avalon

She was awkward about that whole thing. I was pretty open. The others didn't mind that much.