Chapter 1 - (Ab)Normal Days

After what happened this morning, I'm now lying down on my bed in my room, looking at the ceiling. I refuse to believe what was going on earlier, was real. Or at least, someone taking it seriously. Sure, I want to go home, but that will never, ever make me want to kill someone. And then suddenly, the small television screen in the corner of my room turns on. It seems like there's one in each room here.

"Hello, and I hope you are enjoying your new life at Hope's Peak Academy!" says Monobear, through the television screen. "I need to tell you some things. There is an anti-picking mechanism installed into the room's locks. You all have a bathroom attached to your rooms, but no water comes out at Night Time. Only the girl's bathrooms can lock. Also, all the boys have a tool set in the top drawer of their desks, and all the girls have a sewing machine which comes with a diagram of the human body, so all those needles will come in handy!". The television screen then turns off. I close my eyes and try to think that all of this nonsense is made up, and I pinch myself.

Nothing's working. And out of all the people in the world, I just had to be one of them. I knew I should'nt have accepted the invitation to come here. I just knew it. I then take out the Electronic Student ID card out of my pocket. I didn't get any time to look at the rules, altough I'm pretty sure the other's did.

After Monobear left and a few of the others said things, I went straight to the door to explore more of the school. Then I went back to the group and they were just about to eat lunch, and Kido was making it. I doubted her cooking skills at first, but the lunch actually tasted nice. After that, the others went to explore ths school, so I decided I would a second time. We did that for quite a while, and then went back to our rooms, and I'm in this current situation.

I accept that the name on the screen was my own, and then the rules appeared on the screen. They were:

1. The students will live a communal lifestyle with no time limit inside the school walls.

2. The time between 10pm and 7am is called “Night Time”. During Night Time there are places that are forbidden to enter, so please take care.

3. Sleeping is only permitted in the personal rooms prepared for you in the dormitory area. Anyone intentionally falling asleep elsewhere will be punished.

4. You may investigate the school as you please. There are no special restrictions on your actions.

5. No violence is permitted against the school’s headmaster, Monobear. Destruction of the surveillance cameras is forbidden.

6. A “culprit” who kills a fellow student will graduate the school. However, they must not let any other student know they are the culprit.

7. Additional rules may be added by the school at any time.

I stare at the rules for quite some time, before actually reading them. Once again, this isn't a dream. This is reality. I have to face this. 

Ding dong, Ding dong. I heard a loud noise, once again, coming from the television screen.

"Ehh... This is a school announcement. It is now 10pm. The cafeteria's doors will be locked shortly. You are forbidden to enter it. Well then, good night. I hope you all have pleasant dreams." came the voice out of the television screen. And like always, it's Monobear's voice.

It's 10pm already? Geez, time sure does go fast. I put my Electronic Student ID back in my pocket, and shut my eyes. And then, I slowly fall asleep into the land of dreams.

-The next day-

Ding dong, Ding dong.

I wake up to that noise. it sounds exactly like the one I heard last night, at 10pm. Maybe it's signalling that it's morning? If I remember correctly, Night Time ends at 7am, and this should probably telling us to wake up.