Chapter 1 - School Trial

As I walk into the room, I see a court table thing with sixteen spaces on it. Monobear sits on a big red chair in a different area, and tells us all where we each need to stand. I go to my designated space, and opposite of me, I see a photo frame held up by a pole.

In the photo frame, is a black and white picture of Hiyori's face. Also, there is a red mark of a cross on it.

"Let's start with a simple explanation of our school trial!" Monobear shouts. "The result of the trial is determend by your own votes. If the correct culprit is chosen, they alone will be punished. However... If the wrong person is voted for... Everyone but the culprit will be punished! The culprit alone, having managed to fool everyone, will publicly graduate this school!"

"Is the culprit.... actually one of us?" Haruka asks.

"How do we know it's not you?" Takane adds in. Monobear ignores both of these statements.

"Hey! Answer us!" Mako shouts. Monobear ignores them once again. Mako sighs, and facepalms himself.

"Excuse me, what are the meaning of those things?" Momo asks, completely changing the subject. She points to the photo frame of Hiyori, which is located on the opposite side of me.

"Isn't it sad leaving your classmates out of action just because they died? Friendship should surmount life and death!" Monobear answers, for once.

"Surmount.... life.... and death?" Luna repeats.

"Then, what about the empty space~?" Kano playfully asks. "There's only fifteen of us, so why have an extra space that's not going to be used?"

"There isn't any deep meaning to it. This is simply a courtroom with a capacity of up to sixteen people." Monobear explains. "Well then, we should be finished with the preperations now. Let's start, already! I suggest you begin with a summary of the case!"

"Go on, let the debates begin!"

A... summary of the case? Eh, that sounds reasonable enough to start off with. Anyway, with this school trial, all our lives are on the line. Even the culprits. We need to chose carefully, and correctly.

DISCUSSION START

"The victim was Hiyori Asahina" Hibiya starts.

"Of course we know that~" Kano adds in.

"The place of the murder was in the Public Bath." Kido exclaims.

"The cause of death was by drowning." Seto says.

"There was also a wound on the victims head, remember?" Momo asks.

"So, the culprit hit Hiyori on the head with something which caused her to pass out, and then took her into the bath?" Luna asks.

Wait.... That doesn't seem right....

"YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!" I shout out as loud as I can, and the entire room goes silent.

"What was wrong with what I just said?" Luna asks, once more.

"Luna, I'm not sure if you noticed this, but there was some faint blood on the edge of the bath, which was probably caused from her head wound." I reply.

"Caused.... from her head wound? So, you just proved me right?" She asks.

"No, that's not what I meant! I'm sure that Hiyori was pushed into the bath and hit her head hard where the blood was, which caused her to pass out, and drown in the bath." I answer.

"If it was faint, how did you know it was blood?" Luna asks.

"I have proof." Kido adds in.

"Huh? What do you mean, you have proof?" Luna asks in a shocked voice.