Chapter 1 - Abnormal Days

The remaining fourteen students, including me, were standing around the corpse, in shock. Were memories really that important to someone? So important.... they could kill?

Ding dong, Ding dong.

"A dead body has been discovered! Following a brief period of investigation, we will commence our school trial!" Monobear says, from the television screen. After those sentences, the screen goes black, and we all stare around at each other in horror.

Miyuki, Hibiya and Kido were crying. Mary was shaking. Everybody else was shocked. I was confused.

Would someone really want their memories back that much? If we can't remember something, we can't remember something. It's more impossible then possible to remember the forgotten.

I look around at the people near me. Did one of these people kill Hiyori? Or, was it Monobear? I wouldn't be surprised if it was. He was having lots of fun explaining about the act of killing a person, he also laughed and smiled when all of us were clearly scared out of our minds.

Wait.... school trial? That was never mentioned in the Enterance Ceremony, or in the Electronic Student ID Handbook. So, what is it? By trial, does it mean that debating thing that is sometimes on television, or held in court? Or is it just a coincidence, nothing to do with court.

"Hey, Monobear. What do you mean by 'School Trial'?" Mako shouts out. Great, he bet me to it. Monobear then appears near the doorway, a few seconds after Mako finished saying what he said.

"Let me explain, you bastards!" Monobear shouts."A school trial is much, like the ones you see in court. All you bastards have to debate on who the murderer is, using evidence you find. If you guess the murderer correctly when it's voting time, the murderer gets punished and all the 'innocents' are kept alive. If you guess the murder incorrectly, all the 'inoocents' are punished and the murderer is free to leave the school."

"What do you mean by 'punishment'?" Haruka asks.

"Execution, of course!" Monobear replies.

"E...Executed?" Kano shouts in a shocked voice.

"Yes, Executed. If you don't know what it means, I have a dictionary right here that you're free to use."

"We know what i...it means..." Kido says. Monobear then disappears, without saying another word.

"...I think we should investigate. We don't want to get executed for not guessing the correct culprit, do we now?" Luna asks. Everyone nods, and heads in different directions to find clues.

After a minute of investigationg nothing, Monobear appears again.

"I forgot to give you the Monobear file!" Monobear says before giving each of us a touch-screen device, and dissappearing again.

I touch the screen, and it immediently lights up. On it, is a colourless picture of Hiyori and the word 'DEAD' written over her in blood. Next to that on the right side, is information on her. Her height, her age, her gender, and her weight. I flick the screen upwards, and there's information, and a picture of Hiyori's death. The picture, is of Hiyori lying next to the bath drenched in water. Below that is a white outline of her chest and above, with a blood mark near her mouth and also, another one on her head. Next to that, is a piece of text.

'The victim is Hiyori Asahina. The time of death was around 9:40 at night. The body was found inside the Public Bath, on the First Floor. The cause of death was drowning. There is a single wound on the victim's head, but no other wounds nor any traces of drugs in the victim's body.' is what the text said.