Chapter Three

Maddie's POV

  Kenzie and I get home and plan to pack as much as we can before our dad gets home from the strip club. We run upstairs and get out three suitcases. I pack a few clothes, mostly sweat pants and crop tops. Kenzie packs basically her entire closet because shes so excited to leave, and I don't blame her.

  "Maddie we need to leave soooooon I can't wait!"

  "Kenz we can't leave today because dad will be home in like an hour. Lets plan it with Kendall and Ry." I say, grabbing my phone entering my passcode to text Kendall.

"Hey Kendall! Idk about you but I'm suuuuper excited to run away!"
"Omg Mads me too. I can't stop smiling and Ry is super excited as well."
"Lol Kenzie is almost done packing her clothes already, she needs to chill😂 Anyways, when do you want to yanno, actually leave?"
"Lmao Kenzie is the cutest. I think we should leave in a few days. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday?"
"That seems good. Based on our packing pase, I think thats fine. I'm also really nervous to leave. I don't wanna get caught by my dad, he would literally kill us."
"Same but with my mom. Shes been getting so mad at us for nothing. If we actually did something, then I wonder how she would hurt us 😁"
"Its ok K, we can do it. Don't worry about those things right now! Lets focus on packing and getting ready. You bring some blankets, I'll get a big tent. Love you"
"Ok Mads, I will. Love ya"
"💗💗"

I set down my phone and take a deep breath. Interrupting my relaxation, I hear the front door opening.

"Shit Kenzie put away the suitcases and pretend you're asleep!"

Kenzie and I shove the suitcases in the closet quietly and climb into our beds. We close our eyes and hear loud ass foot steps up the stairs. He's mad. Great.

"Madison, get your ass up" My dad says slapping my face.

I sit up with out saying a word and see his red face. I just look at him, waiting to get hit. It doesn't even phase me when he hurts me anymore. Im pretty much numb.

"Madison, why is there a mess downstairs? What the hell did I tell you? Im going to beat your ass if you don't clean it right now." He says, raising his voice. He can be scary as shit, but I won't let him know I'm scared, it will only make things worse.
  I didn't say a word. I just sat there completely frozen. I tried to talk but I couldn't make out any words. I just stuttered.
  He just laughed at me, then smacked my head.
  "You pathetic bitch!" he said, now laughing uncontrollably. "I knew that you only made this family worse from the day you were born. Fuck you Madison, and your sister too." He said, now calming his laughs down.
  I fucking lost it. I couldn't do it anymore. I tried everything I could to hold my emotions in, and it didn't work.
  "Fuck you dad, fuck you. You have no idea what you have done to Mackenzie and I. Don't call us your daughters, you don't deserve us. I hate you, bitch. I hate you." I said, realizing that I was going to get a hell of a beating.
  I looked over at Kenzie with her eyes open, and I could tell that she was surprised too. She kept quiet, only because I told her to.

  -Mackenzie's POV-

  I looked at Maddie, and I was really confused. But I mean she slayed his ass.
  I was going to say something as well, but Maddie motioned me not to with her hands. Shes a good big sister, I love her.
  "Maddie, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you realize who you're talking to? Damn, you don't know whats coming for you." My dad said, speaking to Maddie in a stern voice. He got his bat and raised it to hit her.
  "NO!!!" I screamed, diving in front of Maddie. He stopped swinging the bat, and just looked at me. From his breathing I could tell he was drunk. He smelled awful, and wasn't even walking correctly.
Just when I thought it was over, he started screaming random words. He beat us both with the bat, but we just laid there. I looked over at Maddie when he finally left the room, and she had tears down her face.
"Maddie, you never cry. Are you ok?" She is usually so strong. I wonder if he really hurt her this time.
I sit up and Maddie stays down. I notice her smiling, and I get confused. I wonder if shes hallucinating or something.
"Mackenzie, that may have been the last time we ever get hurt by this man that we call our father. We can be free." Maddie says, in a quiet voice.
Shes right. We may never have to do that again. I smile and help Maddie up. She says that shes ok, which is good. We just lay down and relax after hearing the front door slam. I guess he went to get more drinks.

-Kendall's POV-

I am so excited to leave with Kenzie, Maddie, and Ry. Our mom is on a four day vacation with her Cuban boyfriend Robier. They're so disgusting together, all they do is make out, like get a room. Anyways, Ry and I have four suitcases. Were packing food and water bottles in the first one, and blankets and pillows in the second. The third and fourth are our clothes and stuff. We're pretty much done packing, but the Zieglers are so slow. Maybe I should come over. I'll text Maddie if I can.

"Hey Mads, can I come over to help you guys pack? Idk if I can wait any longer!!!"
"Lol K, sure. We just got a hell of a beating though so Kenz is taking a nap cause she's exhausted"
"Thats fine, we can just let her rest up. I'll be over in 5. Ry is going to stay here to pack up the final things of our bags"
"Ok, thats cool. And geez you guys are done? Thats crazy 😂 But yeah come over when ever. Love you bro 💗"

I set down my phone and go tell Ry that I'm leaving now. She says bye, and I get all of my stuff together. I finally make my way out of the house. I imagine what it will be like sneaking out forever. My mom has video cameras in every room so Ry and I have to be careful.

-Time skip to Maddie's House-

Maddie nicely opens the door for me, and the I see her arm.
"Holy shit Maddie! What happened? Are you okay?"
"Yeah my dad just kinda beat us like I said before. But I'm ok, don't worry! Ready to start packing? Kenzie's asleep so we gotta be kind of quiet." Maddie says.
Maddie gets a suitcase for food and a suitcase for blankets, just like Ry and I. We first pack the food, then head up to Maddie and Kenzie's room. Maddie gets a box from the corner of her closet and opens it up.
"This is the birthday present that my mom got me for my last birthday that she was alive for." Maddie says smiling with little tears streaming down her face. "I hope you don't mind if we bring it. Sorry if it's kind of weird..."
I just stare at Maddie's face for a few seconds, noticing that she is actually hurting right now. Shes always there for me, while I do nothing for her.
I embrace Maddie into the biggest hug that I've ever given. She needed it, and I had to be there for her.
"Maddie, of course I don't mind. Your beautiful mom is watching you right now, and she would be so proud of you. I know that times can hurt Maddie, and you can't always stay strong. I'm always here for you. don't worry. I love you" I say as I start bawling my eyes out as well.
Soon we feel little arms around us. It's a big loving hug, and she makes everything better. Mackenzie, makes everything better.
"I love you guys so much" Mackenzie says smiling.
"This goes for you too, Kenz. I am always here for you guys. Thanks for keeping me along" I say drying my tears.

"twenty years from now, i am gonna look back and remember that you were that person who could turn every frown into a smile in a few simple words; that person who lifted my head when i was loosing faith in myself, that person who carried tears on her shoulders after every fight, every breakup, every death;
that one person who accepted every decision i made, that one person who knew who i really was and that one person who made the biggest difference in my life"

_____________________

THIS
SUCKED
ASS
BUT I HAD TO ADD.
ITS SO LOVING
WTF
THIS
IS
NOT
LIKE
ME

ITS OK ITS CUTE THO
IDK WHAT TO SAY LMAO
OH YEAH RYLEIGH IS GOING TO BE MORE APART OF THE STORY. I THINK THAT THIS IS GOING TO HAVE LIKE 636372727 CHAPTERS IF I END IT HOW I WANT TO. IDK HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT :-))