Chapter 4

A/N: hi its been 7372828 months but idk ive still been on just not updating k

Maddies POV

  We finally start to get out of the house and I can see Kenzie in the corner of my eye crying. This is a lot for her so I need to just try to remember that. Its been really hard for us for the last few years.

  Kenzie goes up stairs and says that shes going to go get some money. I didnt even know she had any to be completely honest.

  Kenzie comes back down and makes her way to Kendall, Ry and me. "How much do you even have?" I say, curious.

  She looks at me and says "Ive been saving it for awhile, just incase an emergency. I figured that we can use it for the trip. I have a total of 900 dollars. Ive been going to peoples houses and cleaning up for them lately." (weird ik ????)

  Wowowoowowow. Nine hundred dollars. Thats a lot for an 11 year old. I didnt even know.

  "Thats a lot Kenz!" Kendall says, relieved. She was stressing about money and how we were going to get around.

  Ry and I agree, and we finally get out of the house. I really dont know what were doing right now.

  "Where are we going first?" I say, looking at Kendall. Shes happy, its been awhile since I've see her like this.

  "Im kinda tired. I mean its already 11:30. We should try to find somewhere to settle and go farther in the morning." Kendall says. Kenzie and Ryleigh agree.

   "Ok, thats a good idea," I say, lying. "But we have to go somewhere far. Our parents will beat the hell out of us if they see all of us running away. Where should we go?"

   "How about the Settler Park? I mean our parents probably wont even look for us the first night. Im so tired" Kenzie says, yawning after her sentence.

  I say that I agree, but in reality I dont. Settler Park is only like 6 miles from our house, which my dad can easily drive to. But, he probably wont care. So we just all start walking and I hope for the best.

  Out of the corner of my eye I see a little girl and her family. They seem to be homeless. Theyre sitting at a bus stop, and the little girl is sleeping on her dads lap. It makes me sad knowing that theyre struggling. I want to help them, but I can barely help myself.

  Mackenzie is on her phone for a long time, and I notice shes on Instagram. I look at her eyes, and she looks really sad.

"Kenz, whats wrong?" I say, whispering to her.

She just shoots me a dirty look, and mouths the word 'Nothing,' as if she were yelling it if she said something.

I just kinda ignored that. She gets moody when someone wants to help her. I always wonder if shes okay, but I dont want to push it because last time I did, she didnt talk to me for 3 days.

Kendall noticed and tried to brighten up the mood. She can do that, I cant. Im just not an enthusiastic or happy person.

"So, wanna stop at Thrifty's ice cream? Its only a block away! Ill pay." Kendall says, smiling at Mackenzie.

Kenzie looks up from her phone and shrugs, then nods, then glues her eyes to her phone again. Now shes texting someone, her fingers moving fast. I wish I knew what was wrong. She was literally just fine.

We get to Thrifty's and I order cake batter. Kenzie orders the same thing as Kendall and Ryleigh, chocolate malt ball ice cream

Then, we run into Chloe. Chloe Lukasiak, the girl I liked before she moved schools to some really fancy smart magnet school. I've never told anyone that I liked some girls, and I didnt plan on it either.

  I looked into her beautiful brown eyes, fixed onto mine. She is just as shocked to see me as I am to see her. Before we stopped dance and the show last year, we were best friends. I never thought that I would see her again after what had happened.

  -Flashback-

(A/N Kendall wasnt on the show idk i dont want her to be in this)

  "YOU NEED TO STOP BRINGING YOUR KIDS DOWN, THEY HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL AND YOU'RE STOPPING THEM FROM LIVING THE LIVES THEY DESERVE!" Miss Abby screamed at my father in front of the entire team, including Chloe.

  Chloe hugged me tight and cries with me. I felt safe in her arms, as if my dad couldnt get to me. We closed our eyes as my dance teacher and dad conflicted.

  "MADISON IS NOTHING. SHE WILL NEVER MAKE IT BIG, IM SURE OF THAT. SHES NOT CAPABLE OF ANYTHING. ITS HER FAULT HER MOTHER DIED!" My 'dad' screamed back.

  Those words are the ones that stuck with me. I cant forget those.

  In that moment, Chloe heard the words and instantly squeezed me, now sobbing as well.

  "You're seriously going to blame a child for that? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" Miss Abby shot back. "HER MOTHER ISNT HERE WITH US BECAUSE SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED. I ALLOWED YOUR CHILDREN ON THIS SHOW AFTER SHE PASSED BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL. DONT BLAME YOUR CHILDREN."

  My dad looked at Chloe and I and barged over to us. I could tell he was extremely disgusted.

  "YOURE A FAGGOT? YOU FUCKING LESBIAN. YOURE CRYING AND SITTING ON A GIRLS LAP. IM SO DISGUSTED IN YOU MADISON." He says laughing, grabbing my arm.

  "IM NOT LESBIAN. EVEN IF I WAS IT WOULDNT MATTER." I said screaming back. I hit him and he grabbed me and dragged me out of Chloe's arms, the only place I felt safe. He had Mackenzie on the other side of him by her arm.

  She was horrified.

  That was the last time that I saw Chloe and my whole Dance Moms team. It was pretty much the worst day of my life.

  -End Flashback-

  I saw Chloe and instantly felt sick. I loved her. I didnt know what to do. I turned around, wanting to look back more than anything. I missed her face to be completely honest. And everything about her, of course.

  Then I felt a hand on my shoulder.

_________________________

PLOT TWIST WTF SHJXJAJAJJAJ
i want claddie to happen in this story but kendalls in it so idk what to do. so help