Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Jax intended to help Ariana and take her to Charlie’s, but not right away. He didn’t like the idea of them being alone but she seemed to be pretty sure Charlie wasn’t a threat. Whatever happened on that date changed her outlook but she wasn’t willing to tell him what it was. She was loyal and he’d love that about her if her loyalty wasn’t directed at Charlie Lowell.

He noticed she was biting on her bottom lip and her eyes distant with thought. “What are you thinking about?”

“Charlie’s hiding something.”

Jax mentally groaned, he didn’t want to be talking about another guy and certainly not a guy who had hurt her in the past. “What makes you say that?” out of his love for her he’d pretend to care and hear her out.

She sighed. “Nothing.”

“I get you want to be a good friend to that jerk but you know I’ll never repeat anything you tell me.” He parked the car at their spot behind the park surrounded by trees.  He reached across the seat and took her hand.

Ariana wrestled with her morals for a moment before deciding she needed to talk to someone. “He told me he wasn’t all there in his head and he told me about his highs and lows and when he was in one of his lows I ended up being his target. I believe him when he says he regrets it.”

“And what happens when he’s low again and his mental stability is fried?”

“I think he already is but instead of lashing out with anger he is walking around like a wounded zombie. He must be faking it well or his friends don’t care enough to notice but he’s hurting and that black eye wasn’t some accident.” Her anger was coming off her in waves.

Jax could smell the fear she had for Charlie. She didn’t seem to care anymore about the past, she wanted to be a good person and help the other guy. “What are you thinking?” the best thing he could do was listen and be her sound board.

“His parents are abusive to each other and it looks like he was caught in the middle again. He confided in me about that but now he’s trying to back track and forget it.”

Jax reached over and pulled the sulking girl onto his lap. “You can’t save someone who doesn’t want it.” he wished she’d understand she didn’t owe Charlie a damn thing.

Ariana groaned. “He needs help and even if its helping him pass class.”

“I wish you weren’t such a good girl. If you were more selfish you’d stop worrying about him and try to have your way with me.” That did it; her stern expression fell as she smiled in its place. “So…” he teased as his hands dropped to her thighs and under her long skirt.

“No.” she placed her hands over his on her legs before they went any higher. “Not here.”

Jax moved his mouth up her throat. “Then where?”

“Not…now.”

He smiled against her skin, he liked that was she conflicted between right and wrong. Sex inside of a car was wrong in her eyes but at the same time she wanted too, he felt it coming off her skin. “Ariana….” He moved his mouth down to the buttons of her top and began to open them with his teeth.

“Holy shit.” She was in awe as she watched him.

“Cursing turns me on and that won’t help your case to get me to stop.” With enough buttons open he moved his mouth over the swells of her breasts. “Actually I’m not letting you go until I get what I want.”

“And what do you want?” her voice was soft as she unconsciously moved his hand against her leg.

“The same thing you want.” He pulled one of his hands free from her grasp and used it to pull her face down to his. He kissed her and that was it for the talking part of this exchange. They didn’t need to talk to understand what was happening, what they wanted next.

Jax hit the little switch on the side of the seat and laid it back to give them more room. The little moans and pants of breath coming from her sent him into frenzy, he wanted more and he wanted release.

He reached between them and opened his jeans then reached for her garment in the way. She helped him get her panties off her legs. “Jax.” she cried into his shoulder as he moved inside of her.

After they were done she continued to straddle his lap and rest her head on his chest. She couldn’t move, she felt like a lump of satisfied flesh. She heard his heart against her ear and realized she didn’t want to move and break the moment of peace.

Jax ran his hand softly up and down her back. “Ariana, I don’t want you to move but if you don’t….”

She lifted her head and peered at his face, noticing the blue of his eyes before she felt him hardening all over again beneath her. Her eyes went wide but not because of the fact he had the stamina of a god but because the color of his eyes.  “I saw an animal that had the same color of your eyes.” She knew it was an odd memory to be thinking about but that’s what his eyes reminded her of; the dog/wolf that had attacked Charlie.

“Yeah? That’s weird.” he wasn’t all the interested it seemed in the comparison. “I have to get home and tell your parents something before they worry.”

Ariana nodded and remembered he was going to tell her mother about her coming home late to help Charlie. She moved over to her seat and grabbed her panties. “Jax?”

“Hmm?” he was adjusting his clothes and fixing the seat back into its upright position.

“We’re not being careful.” A very real fear filled her chest, she had been with Jax a few times now and none of those times did they use protection.

“I don’t think anyone suspects---”

“No that’s not what I meant.” She hastily pulled her underwear back on and faced him. “We’re not using protection during sex.” She winced at how clinical that sounded but she had to get her fear out.

“Oh.” He ran his hand down his face and seemed to be thinking about something. “We just have to be careful from now on.”

“What if it’s too late?”

“I don’t think we have anything to worry about. We can talk about it more when you get home.”

Nervous wasn’t something she used to describe Jax but as she watched him now she saw he was nervous to move on from the conversation. He started to car and kept his eyes on the rode. Ariana started to have a nagging feeling he was keeping something from her.