Chapter 39

WARNING: This chapter contains some very mature content, if that makes you uncomfortable or you are not old enough to read this please wait for the next chapter to be posted. I don’t want to be responsible for corrupting today’s youth but this chapter came out a certain way and for the older readers I left it as is and it's not extremely graphic either.

Chapter 39

Ariana was overjoyed to see Jax in her room. He was saving her the trouble of having to track him down later. She stepped closer and noticed the redness in his eyes. “Are you ok?” she felt his sorrow inside her chest as if it had been her own.

“It’s been a long day. What are you doing home? I heard last night you’d be at your dad’s all day?” he turned away from her before she studied his eyes anymore.

“I was with him for an hour before he was called into work. He had to cover for someone.” She loved her father but she was secretly glad they had to cut heir visit short. She wanted to tell Jax already what she had decided.

“What does he do for a living?”

“He works for a security firm. What are you doing here?” she saw the pictures across her desk. She was embarrassed he had seen the ones of her as a chubby baby. 

He followed her eyes to the table. “Sorry for snooping. I wanted to get away from my uncle and ended up looking through these.”

“It’s fine. What did Marc do?” she could understand the need to get away from him; Marc had a special way of annoying people with his blunt honesty and flirtatious ways.

“Nothing important.”

Earlier he had turned away to hide his emotions from her but now he was looking at her with intensity that had her cheeks burning and toes curling. “I did a lot of thinking last night.” She blurted before she lost the ability to talk and ended up in a compromising position.

“Ok.” Jax said slowly and guarded.

“I told my mom about us.”

Jax certainly hadn’t been expecting that one. His beautiful blue eyes went wide and he stood from the office chair. “Really? What does that mean?”

“It means I’m done trying to run away from this and I’m ready to figure it out with you. I’m still angry that you lied to me but on top of that I still trust you enough to work on it. I love you and no matter how I try to figure it out I can’t stop.” She had tried to envision a life without Jackson Reed and what she had pictured was depressing and lonely. There wasn’t a person in the world to come close to what he gave her.

Jax had taken small steps while she spoke until he was standing right in front of her. “What did she say?”

“She had figured out I had a crush on you but none of the rest. I told her that I love you and no matter what comes next I need to be with you.” their chests were touching by the time she got the last one word. She took comfort in the heat radiating from his body. Damn she had missed him.

His raised his hands to the sides of her face before bending to kiss her. As they kissed Ariana knew she had made the right choice, nothing that felt this good could be wrong. She held onto him with all her strength and never wanted to let go again.

They stumbled over to her bed, Jax grabbed her hips and climbed on top of her. He was pulling her shirt off when his cellphone rang. He still for only a moment before ignoring it.

“Don’t you want to answer it?” Ariana asked softly, afraid that the call could be important and they’d have to leave their reunion for another time.

Jax’s eyes were hot blue fire as he looked at her. “Hell no.” his mouth was over hers again in an instant. His large warm hands moved down her waist and disappeared under her long winter skirt.

“Wait, wait.” she placed her hands on his shoulders and sat up.

Jax feared she wanted to stop until he noticed she was reaching for his own shirt. “Oh.” He whispered as her delicate fingers moved onto his jeans next.

“Sometimes it takes too much time and effort to kiss and try to get clothes off and I really don’t know how much time we have.” Ariana said with a slight pout as she unzipped her skirt.

Jax was speechless as in seconds she was in front of him wearing nothing but a strapless striped bra and a pair of panties that didn’t match but were still sexy as hell. He blinked and told his body to move. He stood and finished taking off his jeans, to save time his boxers went too.

He enjoyed the look in her eyes as she stared at him. He swore he could watch her looking at him for hours. Her hazel eyes grew dark with desire, her pupils dilated with want that made her pouty lips all the more wicked.

He moved closer and crawled onto of her, bracing his hands on the bed as she lay back. “I like taking these off slowly.” He opened the single clasp of her bra and pulled the lacy material down her chest. His mouth moved across her breasts and erect nipples with a teasing slowness that gave him his own pleasure.

He shuddered and lightly bit down on the sensitive nub as her leg moved up his naked backside, her opposite thigh nudging his sex. Her hands were planted across his chest and he feared his control if they moved any lower.

He missed her, it had been weeks since they were intimate, he wanted to be attentive and take his time rediscovering her body. It wasn’t working out too well, he needed to be inside her.

Ariana surprised him again as she sat up and planted a very hot and demanding kiss across his mouth. “I love you.” she moved her mouth and teeth across his shoulder. “I don’t want to wait any longer.”

Their eyes met and the animalistic parts of his soul flickers to life. It wasn’t just the man inside of him that wanted to claim his mate; his wolf was just as hungry.

With her permission to speed this along he did, with one swift pull he had her panties off and her laid out back against the bed again. He muffled her moans with his mouth as they kissed, her legs tightened like arresting cuffs around his hips.

It was many minutes later when they finished. “I love you too.” He whispered against the curve of her breast where her heart lay.

“Are you going to come home?” she moved her hand lazily across his back as she held him close.

“I think it’d be awkward for our parents. We can still be together if I live with Marc.” There was more to it and Jax hated himself for not being able to tell her yet. He had plans to break the truth about her father but it couldn’t be now as they lay naked tangled together. He was able to tell her he felt he needed to stay with his uncle and associate more with the pack and its business. He was old enough now to be a very be help to his uncle.

“That makes sense.” Ariana said with understanding along with some dissatisfaction because of the danger he’d be putting himself in. “I don’t want to lose you.”

“I’m not going anywhere. I’m careful to stay out of the hunters’ way.” He needed to make sure it stayed that way. He wasn’t willing to lose Ariana ever again.