Chapter 5 Twins

Jessica wouldn't meet Matilda's eyes. The dress was to long, the socks were baggy and the shoes were too small.
"Like your outfit Jessica?"
"NO! THIS OUTFIT IS HIDEOUS! No wonder you didn't have any friends ... no wonder you DON'T have any friends!😠"
Matilda grinned "glad you like it because that's what you're wearing this week. But.... we'll need to do something about your hair. Maybe shave half of your head and curl the other... we definitely need some green in your hair..."
"What?!? No way!"
"Oh yes. "
---------------------------
Jessica stared into the mirror, "this will take years to get back to normal!!!" "I agree"
The next day at school was hell for Jessica and bliss for Matilda.
Of course Matilda was an out cast again but it gave her satisfaction that Jessica was too..
Matilda felt the scabs where she had been cut just to make sure that they weren't bleeding again. Not that she would have minded of course. But teachers normally made a big fuss about blood at Matilda's school and she hated going to the nurse's office.
------------------------------------------------
Everything was going great until French class.
When the teacher commented on the weather and suggested that we quiz each other on avoir and etre while the class goes on a walk. Of course everyone was all for this. The teacher decided to pair everyone up so that nobody got lost. "Let's see.... Timothy and Daniel, Jillian and Kayla, Jessica and Grace, Gregory and Andrew, Emma and Hailey, Benjamin and Sebastian, Sarah and Zoe.... and Vanessa and...um... Whatshername. " 😊
What's her name, of course she meant Matilda.
Matilda felt another panic attack coming. Vanessa Strudwick. Matilda was familiar with Vanessa, Matilda used to be good friends with Vanessa's cousin. Hanna Strudwick.***
Vanessa was horrible. She was shallow and judged everyone by how they looked and dressed. Which was why she was so popular. Being accepted by Vanessa was like being told you could be popular, the more popular your friends were the more popular you were. That was how it worked. Unfortunately.

"Hey Matilda. So. How did things with Jake end up?"
Of course Vanessa already knew... she seemed to love causing Matilda more pain. Jake, Matilda's first and only crush. Ever.
It all went a bit like. Boy and girl meet, girl likes boy, boy likes girl. Another girl likes boy, other girls is jealous. Other girl tells nasty lies about girl. Boy is horrified. Boy runs to other girl. Other girl and boy like each other. Love blooms.
Matilda decided to humor her. "I'm sure you already know. Last I heard you two were an item."
"Oh yes. But I broke up with him last week. Everyone was getting bored of Janessa. Poor boy was heart broken. But. He'll get over me one day. Now I'm with Sebastian. Isn't he cute? "
"Uh yeah. Whos Janessa?"
"Oh Matilda! You really must get with it! Vanessa and Jake equals Janessa. Like if you had ended up together you would have been Make or Jatilda. Neither are as catchy as Janessa though."
Matilda growled "uh huh."
Vanessa laughed " I almost forgot, I though you might want to know tha"
Vanessa was interrupted by the teacher "everyone line up standing next to your... um... buddy. It's time to go. No more chit chat!"
------------
Hope you liked it! Btw *** Hanna Strudwick is from my other book "the red minivan guy
Byeeee
-Delia