Chapter 2: Rules

The next thing she knew, someone had grabbad the back of Iva's shirt and yanked her up onto her feet. She could see they were trying to say something but she couldn't hear them. Her mind just wouldn't put their words together, but they were most likely scolding her for her actions. Iva wasn't sure how long she stood there, and she probably would have stayed in that spot all day if someone hadn't snapped her out of it. Her head snapped to the side and her senses immediately returned. She brought her hand up to her now stinging cheek and looked up at the woman who had just slapped her. The girl couldn't say that she was surprised. She broke their rules, of course they'd be angry. With everyone becoming sick and weak, the clans ninjas have to be the best. Anbu level or higher. Of course she was in trouble now.
Once the woman had finished scolding her, she started dragging the girl off to her room. Iva managed one last glance at her mother before they took her away. The last time she'd ever see her.
Once she was thrown into my room, Iva ran to her bed and sat staring out the window. She see some of other kids playing ninja. How many of them are hurting? How many have already been stripped of their emotions?
The child watched them play for hours,  wondering about their lives, or what hers would become. Once the sun started to set they ran home to their families. I wonder what my dad is like. What does he do? Where is he right now? Does he ever think about me and mommy? Does he know, or will he find out about what happened to her? Someone is knocking. She lazily looked over to the door but didn't make a move. The door opens slightly and a deep voice speaks. "Iva? Can I come in?"
"Kiro?" She asked, wiping her eyes quickly "You.. you're supposed to be on a mission right now.". He stepped into her room and leaned against the wall, his messy black hair covered his eyes. "I heard about what happened, so I came back. How you holding up kiddo?"
How am I holding up?
Iva turned to stare out her window yet again. "I don't know." She muttered.
A hand was placed on her shoulder as he spoke. "I know it's hard to lose someone. But they can never be forgotten. Your mother will always be with you."
"As long as she's in my memories right?" She couldn't help but smile slightly as she thought about the times she and her mother had shared together.
Kiro ruffled her silver hair "That's correct kiddo. Hey you should come eat. I'm taking you to the academy tomorrow."
"I'm going already? I thought I was too young."
"You might be young but we're going to need your strength. I really don't want you to go yet, but they insisted. I agreed to it as long as you were put in my class. Now let's go eat." He held out his hand but she just shook her head. "I'm tired. Can I just go to sleep?"
He sighed and turned to leave. "Good night kiddo." was the last thing Iva heard before darkness surrounded her room, leaving me to my thoughts again.
What happens now?
When morning came the girl got dressed. Black mesh shirt, black pants, and a red jacket. Yes, I think I like these... Iva walked outside and found Kiro waiting for her. "Let's go." He gave her a warm smile and began walking to the academy with the girl following close behind. All of the academy kids were outside trying to hit the targets with their kunai when they had walked up. Kiro told Iva to stay with the class while he was busy, and walked inside. A few of the kids were now staring at her, causing her to get nervous and begin to fidget with her necklace. Two of the boys began walking towards her when Kiro called out for everyone to come inside. Iva wasn't sure why she was suddenly intimidated by the others, but she ran inside and took a seat in the back of the room. The girl didnt really want to talk to anybody or participate, but they just had to be trying the clans jutsu. Some chakra draining... Something... Mommy tried to teach it to me before... I can't do it... what now? Each kid had managed to do it with perfection, until it was her turn. I really hope this works... She took a deep breath and copied the handsigns she had been taught to use, but nothing happened. Some of the kids begin laughing at her, so Iva tried to ignore them and looked down at the ground. It wasn't much longer after that they could leave anyway. Moms funeral will be tonight... I better get ready...
When she got home Iva changed into a long sleeved black shirt to go with her pants. Now I just wait.
A few hours later Kiro came in dressed in black as well. "Come on Iva. It's time to go." She walked alongside him in silence as they made their way to her mothers funeral. It's raining...
Everyone is paying their respects now, it's almost her turn. Once she stepped up, a tear dropped onto the flower in her hands before she placed it before her mothers picture. "Goodbye Mommy" she whispered as she began to think of everything they had been through together. The good and bad. Iva lowered her head and made her way to the back of the crowd. At least they can't tell I'm dying inside...
She was standing a few feet away from everybody, just watching them as they said goodbye until someone tapped her on the shoulder. Iva didn't turn around, but apparently this angered them. They grabbed the girls silver locks and threw her into the mud. It was the two boys from class. Iva started to get up when one of them kicked her in the side causing her to fall back down. "What the hell do you want?" She spat out. The boys just laughed. "How are we supposed to be scared of you? You're tiny! And you can't even do the clans jutsu! You don't belong here!" The taller boy yelled as the shorter one kicked her. Iva didn't make a noise, not giving them the satisfaction they were after. So instead she just sat there, taking each hit with a blank expression. Each time they hit the girl and got no reaction, the worse they would get. One of them sent a powerful kick into the side of her head and she found herself sprawled on the ground. She bit my lip and touched the side of her head. Looking at her hand now, she could see the blood mixing with the mud. When she sat up again, she noticed her necklace had fallen outside of her shirt, just dangling from her neck. She grabbed it and squeezed it tight, finding it quite comforting. The boys get closer to the small girl. Right. I forgot they were even here. Iva stared at them, emotionless, and started tucking the necklace away, when the shorter of them grabbed it. "What is this?" He asked, smirking. "A necklace." She replied trying to grab for it but he pulled it away from her neck with a snap. Iva watched as pieces of the chain flew everywhere. He broke it... he broke... my necklace... The girl growled lowly and stoodd up slowly, glaring at the two boys. The tall one laughed. "Finally! It's about time it got interes-". She cut him off as she tackled him to the ground, punching him multiple times in the face. The other one threw her off and she hit the ground with a thud. Now they're both up and ready to fight, weapons drawn. There's only one thing I want... here goes nothing. Iva charged at the shorter boy, not caring that he is holding a kunai. She grab the hand the necklace was in, and bit it hard. He yelled out and dropped it, but swings his other arm around, lodging his kunai into the girls stomach. She cried out but quickly bent down, retrieving her necklace, and ran. I ran through the village, through the trees, and just kept running. Iva didn't know where she going, but she did know what she had to do.
I have to find... him.