Chapter 8: Can I Stay?!

Iva crawled out of her fathers arms and made her way over to the blonde.

Deidara bent down to pick her up, and smiled at the young girl. "Hey there! Hidan is your father hm? That must be stressful, yeah?" He chuckled

Iva giggled and hugged him. "Yeah! Hidan is Daddy! How did you know DeiDei?!"

Hidan stared at them, a bit confused about everything. "What kind of fucking name is DeiDei?"

Deidara smiled and shifted Iva so he was holding her in one arm. The blonde looked over at Hidan. "Well you see, I u-"

"Hidan. Pein needs you to report to his office. He said he must speak with you." A blue haired woman stated, cutting Deidara off mid-sentence.

Muttering something about not believing there was some pain he didn't like, Hidan turned and began walking off. "Deidara you watch her for a moment. And nothing better fucking happen to her!" With that he was gone.

The woman turned to Deidara to see what Hidan was complaining about. She was utterly shocked to find Deidara holding a small, silver-haired girl. The woman smiled and walked over towards the two. "Hey Deidara. Who might this little cutie be?" She asked as she poked the girls nose, causing a small giggle.

Deidara grinned at the girl, and hugged her a bit tighter. "Hey Konan. This is Iva, yeah!"

Iva looked up at the woman, and smiled brightly. "Konan? You're so pretty!" She squealed.

Konan and Deidara's laughs were cut short by a slamming door. As one would expect, the slamming door was soon followed by yelling. "Like hell! If she's not allowed to stay then i will fucking leave to be with her! It's not like you could kill me anyway! The only 'Pein' you will ever be is a pain in my ass you fucker!" Each word was quieter than the last, signalling Hidan was going somewhere else.

Deidara looked over at Konan. "He must not have wanted to accidentally take his anger out on her. I should talk to Pein, yeah?"

Still carrying Iva, Deidara made his way to a huge office, and bowed as he entered. "Excuse me leader. May i speak with you for a moment. It's about the girl, un."

Iva stared up at the blonde and lowered her voice to a slight whisper. "You sound so weird DeiDei."

Deidara looked down to hide his ammused smile.

Pein sighed and waved his hand. "Get on with it Deidara. I have work to do."

The blonde nodded and began to speak. "Well, i think we should keep her in the Akatsuki, yeah. She might be young, but she has great potential. I mean, she's small, but she has power. And she can use my fighting techniques, un. She's smart, and with the right training, she'll be a great addition to have, hm. Believe it or not, this little girl is already a genin. Her headband is around her waist yeah!"

He held Iva out, and the girl laughed and pulled off her headband. She had thought it was hidden well under her shirt, which was a bit too big.

Pein stared at them for a few moments, noting each piece of information he had recieved. Finally, the orange haired man nodded. "Alright. She can stay. However she must be trained. As i have explained to Hidan, this girl could cause many failures. A small cry could gather attention. A simple kidnapping could cause failure. I will allow her to stay, but if she causes any trouble, it will be your heads." He warned in a slight growl. How low has the Akatsuki sunk? A four year old girl joining? However, he would trust Deidara for the time being. "Wait Deidara. How is it that you told me more about this girl than her father did?"

Deidara smiled brightly, and hugged Iva to him. "Well, when i first saw her, I-"

Hidan slammed the door open again, prepared to do some arguing with Pein. He stopped short when he noticed Deidara and Iva standing there.

Iva put her headband in one of Deidara's clay pouches. "Don't lose it."
She turned to Hidan. "Daddy! He made rules for me!" She gestured towards Pein. "Can I stay?!"

Hidan raised his eyebrow. He had argued nonstop, making good points on his part, yet had been denied his request. "How in the hell did the blonde fucker convince you Pein? The fact that she is my fucking daughter wasn't enough? You are a real pleasure aren't you?"

Pein glared at the silver-headed man. "Hidan. Get out before i change my mind."

Hidan took Iva from Deidara and began walking out. "Got it ya bastard."

Iva smiled up at her father. "So i can stay?!"

Hidan hugged her to his chest. "Of course you can. I wouldn't have let that fucker kick you out without me anyway."

At that moment, he passed the familar redhead, who suddenly began to snicker. Hidan turned on his heel to face the puppeteer. "And what in the hell do you find so funny puppet fucker?!"

Sasori smirked and gestured behind Hidan with a smirk. "I didn't know you were into that Hidan. It suits you quite well. But that is just my opinion."

"What the fuck are you talking-"
Hidan froze as he looked back, straight into a mirror. His eyes widened into a slightly horrified expression. His silver hair had been put up into little braids. "What the fuck?! Who- Iva?! What the hell did you do to my hair?!"

Iva began laughing loudly, barely covering Sasori's chuckling. "I kept.. waking up and.. you were sleeping.. so i braided.. your hair!" Iva managed between her laughter.

"I see that.." Hidan sighed

Sasori smirked. "Tell me Hidan. How is having a four year old child working out for you?"

Hidan's magenta orbs glared daggers at the redhead. "It's working out fine. In fact. It's fan-fucking-tastic! Don't get all fucking jealous because i can look fucking sexy with braids in my hair! You wish you could look this fucking amazing puppet fucker!"
And with that, Hidan flipped his braided hair as he spun, turning away from Sasori, and walking away.

Sasori stared in the direction Hidan had disappeared with the giggling girl. The redhead continued to stare for a few moments before he finally blinked slowly. "What in the hell did i just witness?"