Chapter 14: Damn Uchiha

"How did I get in this situation?!" Iva groaned loudly, flopping down onto the floor. She had expected this to be fun, but it was the most boring thing ever.

She was currently waiting for someone to return to the base.
Well, someone interesting.

Hidan and Kakuzu had left not too long ago, and Sasori and Deidara had been gone since early that morning. Oh, if only one of them had the decency to come back. Even Tobi was gone. How was she going to make it until someone returned?!

They left her with fishy and boring.

She looked at the Uchiha once more.

"Wanna play tag?"

"I'd catch you before you moved an inch."

"Wanna draw?"

"Leave the art to Sasori and Deidara."

"Wanna go outside?"

"Not allowed."

"Wanna train?"

"Don't feel like it. Maybe another time."

"Wanna build a snowma-"

She was cut off by a pillow striking her face.
Kisame glanced at the girl momentarily. "I'm not Itachi, but I'd like a nap squirt."

Iva groaned once more and slowly moved towards Kisame.

"Fishyyyyy. I'm bored!"

Kisame grabbed the girl, bringing her up to replace his missing pillow.

"Squiiirrrt. I'm sleepy!" He mocked, flashing his sharp teeth as he grinned.

She huffed at both his reply and being used as a cushion.

However, as much as she denied it, she was tired and currently comfortable. Maybe a small nap wouldn't be so bad.

Itachi smirked as the girl finally fell asleep, curled up to his shark like partner.

The next time she woke, she found herself being carried by Kakuzu.

"Daddy's back?" She mumbled, rubbing at her eyes in an attempt to fully wake herself up.

Kakuzu nodded. "He's doing one of his time wasting rituals. Again. He really could be more useful if he didn't worship that 'god' of his."

"Rituals? I didn't know he did rituals" She had only just realized that she had never specifically asked about the religion itself. Why exactly was this "Jashin" so important anyway? There had to be a story behind it.

"Can I go see him? I've been waiting forever! Itachi is so boring!"

"I'm going with no. Nobody interrupts his rituals but me. Besides, I don't think you should see. It's bad for your health."

"Bad for my health?"

How can any religion be bad for your health? Hidan seemed healthy. Physically anyway. What in the hell was this religion? Whatever. She'd ask later.

Kakuzu had carried her into a small library, setting the girl down and handing her a dictionary to read.

"Seriously, Kakuzu? A dictionary? I can't just sit here and read this! It's so boring!"

Iva's pouting was ignored as he opened a briefcase, and counting the money inside.

"4,452..4,453..4,454.."

"Negative 4,454.."

".....4,455."

"Negative 4,455.."

"Is there a reason you're interrupting me?"

Iva smiled and nodded, not saying a word.

Kakuzu sighed and resumed counting, hoping to finish the task soon.

"4,456."

"Negative 4,456."

"4,457."

"Negative 4,457."

"...4,458."

"...Negative 4,458."

He sighed and set the money down, turning towards the girl.

"What would that reason be?"

She only smiled as she slowly began scooting closer, leaving Kakuzu wondering if he even had the patience for this.

Before it could even register, Iva had taken off with the thick stack of money he had been counting only moments ago.

His eye twitched slightly as he tried not to explode on the spot. The nerve of this girl. Hidan was definitely going to hear about this.

"Iva!" He yelled, storming in the direction he had seen her run off to. It wasn't long before he had located her.

Iva immediately clung to the childish member of the Akatsuki.

"Tobi! He's gonna kill me! I'll give you half of my money to protect me!"

"Tobi will protect Iva, because Tobi is a good boy!"

"Tobi will be a dead boy if he doesn't hand over the girl."

"But Iva is a good girl!" She huffed, copying Tobi.

"Tobi thinks Iva is a good girl too!"

No. He definitely did not have the patience for this.

However, neither did Iva.

"Sorry Tobi! Every man for himself! I'm sure you can handle everything!" She shouted as she darted through the halls.

She could only hope Tobi would be okay after the repetitive screaming of 'Tobi is sorry! Don't hurt Tobi' that could be heard in the distance.

Iva stopped in her tracks as she passed a certain door, quickly turning to open it. It was one of the more plain rooms, but the door had various scratches and stains. Dark purple stains. Finally, she had found Sasori's room once again. Kakuzu wouldn't look in his workshop right?

As far as she knew, nobody was allowed unless Sasori himself allowed it. If anyone was caught, they had at least ninety percent chance of poisoning.

Iva stumbled into the workshop, immediately finding a hollowed out puppet to hide in. Hopefully she wouldn't die by the very hands that crafted it.

Minutes, hours, days. It felt like forever before anything disturbed the silence, but nobody called out for her. Obviously not Kakuzu or her father. Tobi was too scared. Deidara was second in that category.

Sasori must be back...
She's dead.

Not so surprisingly, a hand reached in and grabbed the back of her shirt.

"Iva."

"Oh now you decide to move. Damn Uchiha."

Itachi's red eyes seemed to stare into her soul, made even creepier by his silence.

"Why are you in Sasori's workshop?"

Nothing.

"Did Kakuzu send you?"

"..."

"I will pay you to speak."

"I am not a dog, Iva."

"Good boy!"

Iva reached into her pocket and pulled out the wad of money, that was immediately snatched from her grip before she found herself on the floor.

She sat up with a low groan, to find that the Uchiha was no longer anywhere in sight.

"I asked if Kakuzu sent you and you ignored me! That's extremely unfair, Itachi!"

"What are you doing in here, brat?"

When did he even...

"Well played. Damn Uchiha."