January 5, 2013

When I got home, I couldn’t wait to tell my mom about mine and Gage’s first date. Apparently, my mom was ready to listen. “How was The Top of Witch Mountain?”

Annoyed I said, “Mom, it’s called The Top of the World, and it was perfect!”

The Top of the World overlooks a huge river, and it’s gorgeous.

“I’m glad you had a good time. Oh, by the way, you have mail.” I’m always excited to see which colleges try to persuade me to like them. It was always the same: private, out of state, and expensive ones. Today, there was three letters. One from Luther, Carthage, and oh, what is this? North Carolina State University? I have my mind set about out of state colleges—absolutely not! But, it was like this letter was saying “Open me Sara! Give me a chance!” I open the letter, and the first thing that catches my eye is the word “Golf”. My heart rate picks up. Not one college has even mentioned the prized sport, and now a college starts off by talking about it!? North Carolina State definitely has my attention now! I start reading about the amazing programs they seem to offer. Top of the line golf course management degree? Best in landscape architecture? It was like North Carolina State looked deep into my soul and found exactly what I was looking for. I look at my mom with huge eyes and say, “Mom, I think this is the one.”