January 5, 2034

After the little episode Oliver and I had, I begin to look through the other mail we received. Disappointed, there wasn’t a letter from Gage. But, on the other hand, there was a letter addressed to me from an old classmate. Curious, I open it. Oh, of course. It’s my twentieth high school reunion. Saddened by the thought of going alone again; I call up my best friend Morgan.

“Hello Morgan, its Sadie. How are you? Have you received the letter about our class reunion?”’

“Sadie! So good to hear from you! I’m doing fabulous. I love my new teaching job. Yes, I just opened the letter.”

“I was thinking, since Gage won’t be home yet, would you want to be my date?”

She laughs and says, “Oddly, I was planning on asking you the same. James doesn’t like crowds and wasn’t planning on going. He can watch the kids if you want to bring them over before?”

“Sure, that sounds great. Oliver and Charlotte will be thrilled! Charlotte has been talking about wanting to get together with Victoria again. I love how our daughters have become best friends just like us!”

We continued talking for a little while longer. She started talking about her new job as I look out the window and wonder how on earth did I get in this situation.