DAY 1

"Do you promise you won't randomly disappear again ?"

"I don't understand why it's an issue. It has never been an issue until now..."

"Yeah well this is not our usual kind of weird, in case you haven't noticed"

"There aren't any signs of danger whatsoever—"

"Do you promise ?"

Castiel sighed. "Yes Dean. I promise. I won't be able to go that far anyway, this castle is very ingeniously protected. The warding spells surrounding the area truly are a work of art. I wanted to study them more closely ; but I must admit dinner wasn't the right time to do so."

It was 8.30 in the morning and they were standing in the middle of a large classroom, waiting for the students to arrive. Sam was going over some notes he wrote down the previous day as some sort of memo. Ignoring Dean's teasing ("Dude, could you be more nerdy ?"), he was sitting at a table, mumbling to himself. Dean laid out some of their weapons on the desk in front of the blackboard, took a step back and looked around the room. Soon he could hear the clamour of dozens of kids running down the hallways and for the first time since they had arrived, he cracked a smile. This could be fun. This could be interesting. He had to try and reason himself : Sam was right, no one seemed to want them dead or hurt... yet.

He wasn't sure what to do though. I mean come on, him ? A teacher ? Seriously ? He had no freaking clue as to how he was supposed to act. Honestly, that role suited Sam and his I-attended-law-school-for-one-year seriousness a lot more. Speaking of which...

"Okay Sammy I trust you to take the lead, alright ? You've always been better at this... 'Talking in public' thing than me."

Sam frowned. "What ? Dean, I'm not gonna do this alone while you sit in the back fiddling with your thumbs. You're gonna have to talk too."

"Of course I will. I'll be right behind you." Dean said with a smirk.

Yeah I bet you will... I swear if you leave me alone on this one Sam thought, scowling. But he didn't have time to complain about Dean's laziness any further : the wooden doors burst open and the students started filling the room, chattering quietly as they sat at the tables. Sam looked at Dean, who looked at Cas, who looked back at Sam : none of them was sure of what to do or say... However, they were pleasantly surprised when the murmur of conversations died down on its own, a sea of teenagers now staring at them.

"Um... Hi everyone. Welcome to your first Hunting class. My name's Sam Winchester, this is my brother Dean and that's our friend Castiel."

Sam's voice bounced against the walls and he repressed a laugh. What was he even doing ?

"Okay, you know what, let's get one thing straight : we're not here to give you homeworks or tests or detention or whatever. We're here to prepare you, open your eyes a little bit. Now obviously, you won't be hunters by the end of this week but... It's a start. Being aware is the first step to being able to defend and protect yourself."

"Will we have to use our wands, Sir ?" an Indian-looking girl asked, raising her hand.

Dean shook his head. "No you won't. You won't be using anything. Your wands are pretty damn useless in the real- the Muggle world from what we understood, and the weapons we're gonna show you, our weapons, are too dangerous to be manipulated by any of you."

At that moment a drawling voice rose from the back of the class. It belonged to a pale boy with slick white-blonde hair and an arrogant look on his face. Dean immediately decided (for no particular reason) that he didn't like him.