DAY 4

TW : this chapter contains mentions of blood and serious injuries

Click-click-click... Sam turned the parchment page and tapped the keys a bit faster. He visited the library every afternoon, and this time he decided to bring his laptop. He'd read quite a few interesting chapters yesterday and even though it probably wouldn't help them much for further jobs or hunts, he wanted to keep a record of it somewhere. Who knew, maybe they would have to come back to the wizarding world someday... Besides, he had nothing better to do.

So there he was, his fingers flying over the keyboard, trying to wrap his mind around the concept of 'Dementors', nasty sons of bitches that suck your soul out of your body. Kind of like a Soul-Eater. Ew.

He was sitting at a small table hidden behind a massive bookshelf in one of those remote corners of the library, a pile of books at his feet. Feeling geekier than ever, he was so absorbed by his task that it took him a while to notice he was being watched. Looking up, he saw two kids peeking at him from behind the shelf, staring at his computer with captivated curiosity. He was about to ask them what they wanted but as soon as they realized they were busted, the kids ran away. However, they returned a moment later, a third one with them. Sam sighed. The only reason why he chose such an isolated spot was to avoid those kind of—

"Excuse me Sir ?"

A young girl was standing to his left, smiling dreamily. She had very long, messy blonde hair, a skin so pale it was almost translucent, and protruding blue eyes that gave her an amusingly surprised look. Her weird radish earrings and her necklace made out of corks completed her odd appearance.

Realizing he was staring at the girl's face a bit too intently, Sam cleared his throat.

"Uhmmmmm... Hi. Somethin' wrong ?"

"I overheard the first-years saying that you owned some kind of machine they'd never seen before. I'm greatly interested in things that are unusual or strange..."

Wow, really ? I'd never have guessed, Sam thought sarcastically.

"... so I was wondering if maybe you'd agree to show it to me ?"

Sam's eyes went from his laptop to the girl's face to his laptop again. Oh well.

"My computer ? Y-yeah why not, I mean it's not that amazing but... What's your name ?"

"Luna Lovegood, Sir"

"Ok Luna, have a look !"

She scooted closer, her round eyes fixated on the bright screen.

"Is it like a magical book ? I can see text and images... The images are still though..."

"Yes, and no. It's not a book, you can read all sorts of things on it but there are many more functions to it, like writing for example. You just have to use the keyboard, like this—"

Sam resumed his quick typing and couldn't help but let out a chuckle at Luna's slightly baffled expression.

"You can write without ink or paper ?" she whispered

"Sure you can. At lot easier if you ask me." Sam replied

"Can it play music ?"

"Yes it can. But I won't show you 'cause I don't wanna disturb the whole library."

"Can you cast spells with it?"

Sam laughed out loud. "Ha ! I wish. But no, unfortunately computers can't do that."