DAY 5 (part one)

(A/N : I'm uploading this chapter in two parts because it's a lot longer than the others and the second part is taking me for-freaking-EVER to complete and I feel extremely bad for letting another month go by without updating. Sorry, please bear with me !)

Harry didn't expect the Winchesters to show up this morning. After what happened last night, he wouldn't be surprised if they just packed their bags and ran away from Hogwarts, from the place that almost became Sam's grave. That being said, not everyone seemed to share his opinion and speculations were flying as the students took their seats at the breakfast tables, even on Slytherin's side. The dramatic incident had shaken pretty much everyone, and most of them were genuinely worried about Sam's well-being.

"I don't think he would be able to come down today anyway, even if he wanted to. Have you seen his wounds ? How deep they were ?" Hermione said, shivering.

"I don't know..." Ron replied evasively. "The angel really did a great job at healing him. He looked quite okay when we left the restroom."

"But still, he lost so much blood... And he fractured his skull too !"

"He's a tough guy ! Honestly I think he's had worse, doing the job he does. I'm sure he'll be fine." Lee Jordan replied from three seats over.

I hope so, Harry thought to himself. He was about to whisper something to Ron when the rumble of conversations suddenly died out, replaced by hushed exclamations.

"Look, look ! They're here !"

"I can't believe it !"

"Told you they'd come..."

"They look so angry !"

Looking up at the teacher's table, he saw Sam and Dean coming through the backdoor, giving the crowd a wary look. Castiel was nowhere to be seen. They slowed down, unsettled by the sudden silence, then walked up to Dumbledore who was already heading towards them. Harry couldn't hear the few words they exchanged, but from the menacing look on Dean's face and the way his eyes never broke contact with the Headmaster's, he could guess they weren't exactly friendly. Sam put a hand on his brother's arm, probably trying to calm him down, but his own nervousness was obvious too. Dumbledore asked them one final question before letting them sit down and turned around to whisper something in McGonagall's ear. Everyone resumed their conversation, the commotion increased by ten folds.

"This man was bleeding out, emptying himself on the restroom's floor less than 12 hours ago, but now he's all fine and dandy, having breakfast and ready to give classes for four hours straight ? What is he made of ?" Seamus Finnigan whispered incredulously, slamming his fist on the table.

"I don't know, but I want some" Ron sighed.

'Fine and dandy' wasn't exactly the term Harry would have used. Sam looked pale, tired, his eyes heavy and rimmed with blueish dark circles. He moved a tad slower than usual and almost spilled the coffee he was pouring in his cup. But Seamus was right : he could have, should have called in sick and stayed in bed, but despite his obvious exhaustion he still decided to face the agitated Hall, and Harry wasn't sure how the poor man was going to survive the next few hours.

"So what now ?" he asked, looking at his friends. "Is it just going to be a normal day ?"

"I don't know. I'm surprised the teachers didn't announce any special security measures yet..." Hermione said worriedly. "They usually—oh wait, nevermind, I think Dumbledore is about to do just that."

Indeed, the old wizard stood up and raised his hands, calling for everyone's attention.

"My sincerest apologies for interrupting this delicious breakfast, but our current situation requires me to do so. As most of you must be aware by now, a sanguinary attack occurred in Hogwarts last night, which almost cost us a life. It was a painful shock for all of us, and an utterly distasteful way to start this school year."