Chapter 1 The past still haunts you

I hope you like this, this is my first story on wattpad... 😅 yeahhhhhh, well I'm getting used to it and things, and thank you for reading this : D

Two figures were running in fear down the paths of the village then "Uncle, Where are we going? What about the others?!" Said the little girl in panic and more tears raining to the ground, the man looked down to the girl with his own tears felling down his tan cheeks. He smiled sadly at her, they stopped and hid inside a old shatter home and he kneeled in front of her tightly holding her small shoulders and he whispered "my little one, the others have also fled for their life's and we must too, I know you're scared but we must, I won't lose you too, I love you so much, you know that?" The little girl nodded quickly and reached for the man and gently wiped away his tears, the man smiled and wiped her too .

Then... "Aaaaaahhhhhhhahaha!!!" "HELP!!" "RUN FOR YOUR LIFES!!" Screams and cries were heard in the distance, the mans crimson eyes widened at the screams and shouts for help and he hurried to grab the little girl that made her put her face in his shoulder feeling safe and he ran. The girl looked up to see soldiers and dark tainted figures following them and she felt more fear swelling in her heart, the man looked back for a second if he had felt her fear and to see what caused it and gasped at how many evil monster catching up to them, he than moved her closer to his chest to calm her. He then spun around and his hand glowed and he shouted "I SUMMON THEE! PROTECT US!" The sky glowed brightly with a silver light, inside the light a god of great power appeared, it was a dragon but not just any one it was Slifer the sky dragon, then it attacked and destroyed all the dark monster and it turned to the man and girl and picked them up and flew away. Hour later the dragons power began to drain and so was the man, he was panting and groaned in pain then with that the little girl looked up at him with worry, then he smiled and hugged her, both turned to see the village in flames, the mans eyes began to water but blinked them away and looked down at the young girl in his arms, then they saw lights in the distance. The man smiled with sadness at the city, it was Domino, the place were the man made a living from. He soon heard a soft snoring, he looked to see the young girl sleeping peaceful in his arms, when they were in the city the dragon landed and the man jumped of with the girl still in his arms, and the dragon disappeared and returned to his realm, the man walked safety though the streets, till he came in front of a small mansion. He sighed in relief, 'thank the gods at last there alive' he through, and walked up to the door and knocked, then the door opened to revile a beautiful woman with sun kissed blonde hair and purple gem eyes and she was wearing a long silk white nightgown, the woman looked at the man in shock and said "A-Atemu! What are you going here?" Atemu smiled and replied "I need your help Mai" Mai looked down to see the little girl and she gasped and looked back at Atemu, then nodded and stepped aside. Atemu walked in and removed his cape and shoes and placed the little girl down on the couch, and Mai covered her with a blanket and she curled into a ball both adults smiled. Atemu looked at Mai and nodded and explained everything with the birth of girl and what happened to him and her and to their friends and other things but at the end of it Atemu was in tears and even Mai had tears too, then Atemy said "they want her Mai, I have to protect this little girl, she is my family, my little niece, Yugi and I love her, everyone does, but not as much daddy Seto and mummy Joey" both laughed at that but soon sadness and guilt came over them, this little girl was 2 years old coming to 3 and both of her parents went on a trip to find out who was trying to kill their little girl, then they lost Communications. Atemu looked at Mai and said "can you look after her Mai, till I can find Seto and Joey" Mai nodded then ask one more question "why do they want her Atemu?" Atemu looked at her with widen eyes then said in his deep voice "because she is a royal circus chain, the most beautiful and power people ever" Mai then nodded and pick the girl up and carried her upstairs to the spare bedroom and both adults were there watching her. Atemu and Mai said "We will protect you, Jaden" Then Jaden's hair glowered white. With that both adults existed the room to let Jaden sleep in peace.