SIXTH SEQUENCE

"Few things are so deadly as a misguided sense of compassion" -Charles Colson

They stood beneath the shadow of a tall skyscraper on the highest tier, its pinnacle pierced the low hanging clouds of the night sky. The sheer scale of the structure rivalled anything constructed by man in the real world. Glass walkways extending out from multiple points along its structure linked it with other adjacent buildings.  The earlier downpour had ended, and the building glimmered as the golden lights refracted through the raindrops that had coated it. A near constant stream of people continued to enter and exit the building; men walking off with multiple women under both their arms, drunkards stumbling out shouting obscenities and people leaving with what appeared to be large bags full of shopping.

Zaccaheus could only look up towards the sky with apprehension at the thought of confronting Daniel, who awaited them on the top floor of the skyscraper in a club called Olympus.

Cavil looked at Zaccaheus, "I know its just a construct of the AR, but its impressive isn't it?"

Zaccaheus couldn't deny it. It was spectacular.

"Lets find him."

They walked to the nearest entrance, ignoring the stares of nearby people, and stepped into a vast open room, bustling with people. A huge water feature was located at the centre; a large round marble stone covered in water was seemingly hovering, while spinning slowly above a large pool of water filled with exotic fish. Large screens projected images of attractive people dressed in various apparell; brand names flashing by as they strolled along picturesque backgrounds; distant shores, grassy hills and vibrant cities.

The two of them made their way to the nearest elevator; and packed into it along with a number of other people. Zaccaheus pressed the button for the eightieth floor, a label reading 'Olympus' next to it. A voice addressed them, "Going up." The others in the lift bunched together, as if fearing to come into contact with Zaccaheus and Cavil; so off putting did they find the aged and flawed appearances of their avatars.

The elevator ride felt like a long one; the number within it began dwindling as people exited onto their desired floors, until only Zaccaheus, Cavil and two others remained. The four of them stood there in silence, each pair avoiding eye contact with the other.

The elevator came to a stop, and the doors opened to the sound of a persistent thumping noise. All four left the elevator and began walking down a hallway towards a large set of double doors, where five hulking men stood guard. One of them stepped forward.

"Hand over any and all weapons you may happen to have on you now. If upon searching we find that you did not hand over all weapons, you will be denied entry into Olympus."

Zaccaheus and Cavil revealed both their weapons, relinquishing them to one of the guards, who placed them on a rack in a locker, which was already filled with a multitude of other armaments. The other two from the lift looked surprised. Another one of the guards swiped a device across each of their bodies, before nodding to the one closest to the doors.

"We hope you enjoy your time in Olympus."

As the double doors swung open, the once muffled thumping transformed into a blaring techno beat. They entered the club and the doors behind them swung shut. The place was a dark purple, in stark contrast the golden hues of the city outside. The room was circular, and in the centre of the room, rising up like a mountain was a massive dance floor; the silhouettes of gyrating club goers forming a writhing black mass upon the stage. Littered all around the base were round tables surrounded by large sofas.

Zaccaheus looked at Cavil, "We'll circle around, together, until we spot him."

They began to walk around the edge of the club, eyeing the groups of people while trying to spot their target. Club goers whispered and pointed, some laughing, others scowling. A nearby woman approached them, "I don't know what you think you're doing in here looking like that, but if you came here wanting a good time, you're not gonna find it."