Chapter 1: The Meeting

Damian's POV...

I was limping home after the fight. Blood dripped into my eyes, I had a broken arm, sprained my ankle and I had too many knife wounds to count.

But I was smiling in triumph.

I had won. Batman said I couldn't do it, but I did!

Flashback

I was running through Gotham. It was night and I was in Crime Alley.

Someone grabbed me from behind. I kicked out, but my foot was grabbed. "It's me," Batman's gruff voice said. He let me go and I spun to face him. "What are you doing out?"

I shrugged. "Does it really matter? I'm on a case and it's mine, got it?"

"We're a team," Batman said. "And how many times have I told you. Your backup. Gotham's too dangerous for you to be hunting for crime by yourself."

"Why don't you trust me to catch my own criminals? I'm perfectly capable of it."

"Because I told you to stay home!" Batman growled. "I am your father and you'll do as your told!"

I glared up at him. I spun on my heel and marched off.

"Robin!" He yelled at me. I ignored him, running off, slipping into the shadows.

When I was sure I was far enough away from Batman, I looked at my hologlove for the location.

I smirked and ran towards the gathering

I smirked and ran towards the gathering. I was going to make a name for myself. Not as Batman's sidekick, but as Robin, the hero. I smirked at the sound.

I ran through the puddles and avoided half-lit streetlights. I was at the warehouse where the meeting was being held. I climbed into an air vent and silently crawled to the board room. I heard voices and went to check it out. Carefully, I peered into the room. There they were! The most notorious drug dealers in Gotham, selling weed to old men and children with equal confidence and secrecy.

When everyone was seated, I got into position. I half expected Batman to jump in and ruin everything, but he never did. I silently lifted the grate off the vent and waited for the perfect moment to strike.

It was almost twenty minutes until I could. I had to have a distraction. Then it would be easier to take them all down. A fight broke out soon and all the bosses were going at each other' s throats. I jumped down and landed on the table, batarangs in hand.

Some of the dealers saw me, but I took them down easily. Someone attacked from behind, twisting my arm behind my back and breaking it easily. I let out a cry of pain before stabbing the man in the eye. He let go of me and I kicked him in the head, knocking him unconscious.

I spun around just to get hit in the face by a fist. It felt like a brick had slammed into me. Blood ran into my eyes, but I ignored it. With one arm, I grabbed the man by the hair and slammed his head into the wall. He slumped to the ground, out old.

Something rammed into me. I caught myself from falling, but twisted my leg wrong in the process. I bit my lip and ignored the pain, running into the man and slamming into him. He cut me a couple times with the knife he was holding, but I'd be okay.

Some of the bosses that hadn't noticed me before all turned to face me. I threw a smoke pellet onto the ground and started knocking down dealers left and right. When the smoke finally cleared, there were only two bosses left. I smirked and got into position.

The first one ran into me. I threw a rope and it tied his legs together tightly. He fell headfirst to the floor. There was a crack as his skull made contact with concrete. I smirked at the last one. With a shaking hand, he threw a knife at my head. I dodged it easily. I smirked at him.

"I surrender!" He pleaded, getting down on his knees. I grabbed a gun that was sitting near me. The man's eyes opened wide. "P-p-p-please! No!"

I smirked. He thought I was going to kill him. I took the gun and smashed it into the man's temple. He crumpled to the ground. I looked around at my handiwork. I quickly gathered all the dealers together and tied them up. And just to make sure the police knew who did this, I wiped the blood off my forehead and made an R out of it on the nearest boss' forehead. My work here was done.

I continued limping all the way back to the mansion. I checked the time. 12:58. I was done early. I smiled to myself. I wasn't just a sidekick anymore, I was Robin, the Boy Wonder, reborn into something great. I wiped the blood out of my eyes for the thousandth time. I hoped. Alfred wouldn't mind taking care of me. And I really hoped Father didn't hate me too much.

~
Hi
This is my first Batman/DC/Robin/hero fanfic ever, so...yeah. I haven't read the comic books (cries) so I'm basing Damian's character off what he's like in the animated movies like Son of Batman, Batman vs Robin and Bad Blood. If you don't like how it's written, please don't read it. Thank you!