Chapter 5

It took me forever to write this one, and the amount of edits was unbelievable :0

Who knew it would be so hard to find the right words to describe a single scene???

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's one of my favorites so far :)

While Travis was staring at the scene wide eyed in shock and the doctor was shaking with suppressed laughter at the Beta's reaction, Delena walked down the corridor towards the main entrance while Sharika followed in silence. They passed the many paintings on the wall, the small and large ornaments which stood neatly on shelves or tables, floor length windows framed with velvet curtains in the same golden red as the ones in the sitting area in the main hall. They passed under the arched doorway, walked towards the centre of the hall and stopped at the centre of the hall with Sharika almost walking straight into the young Miss.

Delena just stood there watching as the water trickled down the throat of the fountain, her smile gone and eyes glazed over.
'You have teeth marks the size of Texas...'
It's getting worse...
'...what is his relation to you?'
They know of her bond to him. Maybe not the whole picture, the whole truth, but they know.
'...we don't really get visitors from Elyria these days...'
Why not? Did something happen for Elyrians for refuse crossing over? And if it's true, then that means the gates of Elyria are supposed to be closed. But then, how did they get through without detection? How did Aaron leave without anyone noticing until it was too late? It just wasn't possible. Unless...No. Even if the sentries didn't notice, she should've known the second he left, but she didn't. Then how?

Delena continued to watch the streaming water as she mulled over her thoughts. There are many ways to leave without notifying the sentries or setting off any alarms, but they all included having to tell at least one person of the crossing. But not one person nor creature in Elyria knew of Aarons crossing. It was odd to say the least.
She closed her eyes, inhaled deeply and slowly let it out.
'Hey Stormy?' she called out without raising her voice, 'am I allowed to leave the building?' she asked, twisting her head around to look at the young elf.
'I believe it would be best to wait until your guard has been assigned to you My Lady,' Sharika answered. 'May I ask why?'
'Just asking,' Delena faintly answered. She turned back to look at the fountain. 'Do you think I could go outside to the garden?' she asked.

Sharika looked at the way the her Lady stood in front of the fountain with her shoulders loose and her eyes on the trickling water, the bright flush of colour gone to be replaced with shadowed desolation, longing to retrieve what was lost. Gone was the mischievous Lady who took pleasure in challenging and teasing the Beta as in her place stood a woman resembling a fragile angel, ready to crumble with even the most gentle of winds. Looking at her now, Sharika just couldn't say no. Both heart and spirit hurt at the mere thought of refusing her what she so clearly desired, what she so obviously needed. So it didn't come as a surprise as her body started moving in the direction of the arched doorway of the corridor which curved around the wall of the left staircase. She hesitated at the glass door. Should she really be doing this? It was a bit late in the day, but looking back at the woman behind her, Sharika pushed all doubts to the back of her mind. It didn't matter if she should or shouldn't because she was going to anyway. There was no way she had the heart to refuse now, not when she saw those eyes.

Sharika steeled her shoulders and opened the door. She stood to the side and waited for Lady Delena to walk passed the threshold before closing the door behind them and watched as the Miss stopped a few steps away, raising her face to the sun with her eyes closed. A gentle breeze caused Delena's hair to dance with the wind while the skirt of her dress fluttered around her.