Chapter 8

Sorry for the super late update guys and girls but I was really sick the past week and couldn't do much writing. Add that to the fact that I was constantly going places with my cousin or parents and well...I did practically no revision and barely had time to write but I managed to write this chapter.

I also just came back from my holiday so I didn't have access to the internet until just a few hours ago so this was the earliest I could post it. Sorry :(

When Delena opened her eyes the next morning, she was met with dangling teardrops hanging off of a white ceiling. She looked to the side to see a large wall covered with a mirror and a black vanity table with an oval-like shaped ottoman which had a blanket on top - the same one she was wrapped in when Travis carried her out of the hospital wing. There was also a set of arched double doors in the corner by the windows and another similar set on the other side of the mirror.

She tilted her head up to see black and white see through curtains and white drapes with a black vine design covering the windows and blocking out the incoming sunlight. There was also an uncovered mosaic window in the shape of a butterfly which she really liked.

Turning her head the other way, she saw a black desk pushed up against the wall with a small white lamp in the corner and a white chair sitting on a chocolate brown carpet.

She sat up and took another look around the room. There was a black bedside table with a lamp on each side of the bed. The bed itself was round in shape and had white covers with the same black swirly designs as the drapes and pillows. It was white if the high headboard was anything to go by and, when she peaked over the edge of the bed, so was the round carpet it was standing on.

Her attention turned to the door in the corner on the wall directly in front of her when she heard it opening and saw a strawberry-blonde, caramel eyed maid walk in. The maid stopped mid-stride when she saw Delena was awake but quickly moved to the foot of the bed and bent over at the waist into a low bow.
'Good morning My Lady. My name is Astrid and I am to serve as one of your maids for the duration of your stay here,' she said.

Delena studied the girl for a moment and let out a hum of approval. She was about to say something but turned her attention to the door when another figure walked in. This time it was an ash blonde with blue eyes that walked in and she too walked over to the foot of the bed when she saw Delena was awake.
'Good morning My Lady. My name is Kalari and I am-'
'My maid while I'm here. I know,' Delena interrupted. She let out a sigh and shoved the covers away so that she could get off of the bed.

Delena made her way to the doors in the corner by the window and opened them to reveal a walk-in closet filled with many types of clothes; shirts, skirts, pants and shorts; dresses and jumpsuits with jackets, sweaters and cover-ups. Bags were neatly lined up on shelves while shoes lined the floor on each side of the closet. There was a large, floor-length mirror at the very back and a flat wardrobe spanning the entire left corner.

She closed the doors and walked over to the other set of doors. She opened them and found a marble tiled bathroom. Right in front of her was a pair of sinks sitting on top of a brown cabinet and a mirror hanging above each sink with a wall lamp on each side, coming to a total of four lamps. She walked further in to discover a bathtub in an alcove to the left and a wooden bench just in front of it. Closer to the sinks was a frosted glass door which belonged to the shower. She also notice a door opposite the bathtub which she opened, only to be faced with the inside of the closet. She closed the door and walked back out of the bathroom.

When she stepped back into the bedroom, Stormy was already there and waiting beside the two other girls, but unlike the other two who held their heads high and eyes to the floor her entire face was pointing to the ground which annoyed Delena to no end. She held it in though as she decided that there was no point in scaring the girl further. Instead, she just stood there and observed the three.